2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    After watching Ferrari languish in Q1 I thought the weekend might turn into a disaster. But somewhere between Q1 and the start of Q2 they got their act together and even put Red Bull back in their place. My concern with Max is that he hasn't shown a lot of brains. I know he wants to win but he is also way way back in the championship. If his aggression takes out Seb on the start, that would be very sad. If it is one or the other in turn one, Max should give way and let people fighting for the championship have the turn. If Max then proves fast enough to fight to take back the lead, that is the time to do it. If we don't have an incident I think it will be Seb, Ricardo and Hamilton on the podium.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Uhm no if Max sees a realistic opportunity to win the race he should take it. This is racing.

I'd rather have Seb win and elton take as few points as possible but no way do I want Max or Ricci or anyone just keeling over simply because they don't stand a chance this year, that's not what racing is about.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Seb will not risk a dog fight,he just need to finish ahead of Lewis.So i reckon Max takes it.As usual in Sg expect safety cars.

Maybe MB will try a 1 stopper?

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Max will not be in the position to pass Seb at the start. Vettel owns this circuit. Lots of talk from RBR.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yer, even Horner is saying they will just go for it all out.if Seb gets a clean first couple of laps ahead he still will have the bulls pushing him all the way. Could be a great race for once?

6. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    You must be trolling...
    NO ONE wants to hear the screaming Aussie fatboy butchering the English language ("Masser", "Hass" "Mazder") and for once we can start the race by hearing the cars vs. "IT'S TIME TO BRING THE ACTION !!!!" fake drama nonsense.

Please oh please keep Varsha, or anyone, but Diffey

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    FORZA FERRARI. Herculean lap. Red Bull was better around here but Seb laid it all on the line. Amazing

Now if we can just avoid a Mad Max divebomb tomorrow....

daytona355 likes this.
  8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    It's mildly encouraging. I expect Lewis to make up some spots but would love to see a Ferrari 1-2. This may be our last chance for a win this reason. :-/

9. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    BARF, I would rather listen to a braying donkey all day long rather than "one of the days I will have my Al Michaels "Do you believe in miracles moment" overly dramatic and shallow Diffey. Give me Varsha any day over Diffey, you have to be kidding I looked at the day just to double check to see if it was April 1st.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This guy Diffy ...does he suck even more than Lewis? :)

11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Anybody an idea on which TV channel or online streaming in Korea I could follow the F1GP? Vipleaugue?

12. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hahahahaha ,know eye dear ,Dan will flog Vettel and Mad Max provided they last past the first corner, he has more racecraft than both of them together

Vettel and Max have a checkered history for crashing into others , that doesn't win races

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel owns this circuit indeed but you never know what happens on the start. A good start from max or just a poor one from Vettel = he can't defend.

That said there's massive rain out there so probably SC start.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel owns this circuit indeed but you never know what happens on the start. A good start from max or just a poor one from Vettel = he can't defend.

That said there's massive rain out there so probably SC start.

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, he is true that it is not him loosing the WDC so he can take a lot more risk than others but this is thinking in the short...
    I am sure that one day he will be a contender for a WDC and most likely Vettel and some others he crashed into will be around and they will have the opportunity to give it all back. Certainly there is no need to pull over for anyone but making enemies among the other top drivers might damper his chances in future when he is in their position...But this would be thinking further than the next corner, something Max is not really known for ;)

moretti likes this.
  16. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Does Prost/senna come to mind ?

17. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    This time, Max is NOT to blame. He could go nowhere.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Agreed, it's just a shame it involved both ferraris