2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 18 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yeah he behaves right wing alright ;). I think the Dutch are just far too liberal really. But that's a discussion for another thread :D

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

;)

tifosi12 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You made your point. Conceded. :)

4. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Vettel was over aggresive, not a chance of Vettel taking the title unless the new engine rocks up with another 50bhp

Bas likes this.
  5. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Intelligence is race craft and Lewis is ahead of Vettel and Alonso is ahead of Lewis.
    Put Verstappen or Ricciardo in this year's F and Vettel would be outclassed as he was at RB.

6. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yep... I did right after the accident... :(

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That video actually makes it look like Kimi's fault. There is plenty of space on the inside but he keeps moving right for some reason.

Vettel was just blocking his position like every driver does but he couldn't have known Kimi was on the inside like that. Purely unlucky. Also another second and Kimi/max would have missed him.

Hamilton is indeed the luckiest driver in F1 history.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Starting to wonder whether your second line might actually be true (I agree on the first one): I always thought that Seb's last RB year was a fluke, but what if it wasn't? What if he really peaked during his 4th title and is already on the decline? Brainfarts like yesterday and Baku make me wonder.

9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Oh, good grief... what a miserable start. :(

I have to say my interest in the race dropped significantly after lap 1. o_O

Worst possible result for the championship! :mad:

All the best,
    Andrew.

Bas likes this.
  10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    LOL the British won't let this narrative go. The Mercedes is the best car. Has been all year.

Bas likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was close but they got all Ferrari's toys taken away due to insider information.

375+ likes this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, Allison ****ed us right in the arse....i guess he didn't like the "Sweater's aproach"

375+ likes this.
  13. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    After the crash I stopped watching. I missed the rest of the race. It was a racing incident in my mind but a sad one for Ferrari.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    LOL....now all of the sudden...
    For three years this board was complaining about Lewis having no clue what was going around him permanently asking his pits what to do and now all of the sudden he is ahead of Seb because he had a bad start....yeah right.
    It is funny how fast people over here are in throwing someone under the bus...

And about the report it was all because Seb was so afraid of Lewis in the wet: it is amazing how the British Media can put Lewis again into the center of this story although he had for once absolutely nothing to do with it

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I don't want to smash Seb too much...he is a talented racer, passionate about winning, and is really emotionally invested in being part of the Scuderia. That said, he did lose his cool due to a poor start and got another case of "red mist" (which tends to happen with him). No driver is perfect though, but his imperfection popped up at the most costly time in this race.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm inclined to believe Seb's concerns were a) 'oh crap, bad start, Max is going to beat me to T1' and b) 'I need max points from this race because it's going to be tougher for us in the remaining races'.

Bas likes this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Most likely...but it is redicilous to think that it made a difference whether it was wet or dry and that he was ****ting his pants because Lewis is such a great rain driver and he is not...

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap..that is trash talk, Seb is clearly better the Elton in the rain

Bas likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I would not necessarily say better but he certainly does not have to hide or to be afraid....

ricksb likes this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i definitly think he's better

Bas likes this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Best car for the last 4 years. AMG MB started this formula with a leg up on everyone else and never looked back.

Bas likes this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hamilton is a god driver in the rain, but far from exceptionel...

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel is a talented racer. LH and FA display very little of his 'red mist' moments when on pole or near the front / leading. These events are examples of his inability to control his temper and Ive posted more than once that Im not his most supportive fan. His episode in Mexico was beyond childish. It lost me as a supporter, yet again confirmed in Baku, and now this incident in Singapore.

A clean start was all he needed with 61 laps to endure the rain and post a solid result if not a win vs LH. Smart gets points, doesnt hit others under a safety car and knows when to yield to preserve a result. A perfect driver does not exist but taken in total he is hardly MS or anyone else. His major incidents with Mark at Red Bull were also less than ideal. He ran from Ricci after his bad year, plain and simple as well.

Facing defeat he almosts panics it seems. This was a test and he failed. His apology was more than enough proof to know how badly he performed. If he cannot deal with losing 1 place at the start it says little about his ability to deal with getting it back with 60 laps left. Surely he see's what must be done and takes measures to preclude a DNF which has more than placed his season in doubt. With Baku and this he is surely losing his reputation. Id take Ricci over Vettel anytime. Vettel's lack of control of his temper is a serious issue.

To me Vettel does not rate in the top 3 of racecraft. For me that would be FA, Ricci and LH in no particular order, with Max as a close 4th depending on his own mist LOL :)

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Did you mean "good" in the rain or perhaps "dog"?

25. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I was starting to come to the same conclusion. It appears that Kimi had adequate room to his left, but was overly aggressive with Max. Maybe due to their past history?