2017 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 88 | FerrariChat

2017 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  2. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Maranello550 likes this.
  3. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Prefer the old one

daytona355 likes this.
  4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank god that season is over, now just 11 years to the next WDC :(

Cyt likes this.
  5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I am glad I was working. :(

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I really liked that old logo also. Oh well, a small change, bring on next year.

7. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    daytona355 and Steve355F1 like this.
  8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    [​IMG]
    POSTED BY: JAKE BOXALL-LEGGE | 29 NOV 2017 | 5:13 PM GMT | 61 COMMENTS
    Ferrari topped the timesheets in both days of Pirelli’s post-Abu Dhabi Grand Prix tyre test, with Kimi Raikkonen heading day one before Sebastian Vettel set the fastest lap on the last day of Formula 1 testing this year.

Raikkonen set a 1m37.768s on the brand new hyper-soft tyre – launched by Pirelli last week – on Tuesday, before Vettel took over to head Wednesday’s session having set a 1m37.551s in the morning’s running.

Mercedes and Red Bull traded positions between both days, as Daniel Ricciardo was second fastest ahead of Lewis Hamilton on day one, while Valtteri Bottas edged ahead of Max Verstappen in the second day’s running.

[​IMG]

However, most of the intrigue from the F1 fraternity came from Williams’ continued assessment of Robert Kubica, who is in pole position for the seat vacated by the retiring Felipe Massa.

Kubica completed over 100 laps before handing over to Lance Stroll on the first day, with amazing consistency of lap times on 12 lap runs, before adding another 28 laps to his tally on the second day as Sergey Sirotkin did the majority of running.

A legacy of Kubica’s rally crash in 2011, which enforced the Pole’s premature hiatus from F1, is believed to be restricted mobility in his right arm.

However, Kubica was adamant that he was in even better physical shape compared to 2010, when he last competed in the sport.

“There is someone saying I’m driving one-handed. I’m not driving one-handed,” he said. “I think it’s impossible to drive a Formula 1 car with one hand.

[​IMG]

“But I have some limitations so in some way my body used some compensations, which is not wrong. We are human beings and our brains are used to help our bodies overcome disabilities. This is normal daily life.

“This is something I think I’m on top of. Physically I think I have done great work in the last six months – it hasn’t been easy, it was not like I have been lying in my bed.

“Probably I’m in physically in my best shape, by far a better shape than I was when I was racing in 2010, so motivation is there and the body is reacting in a good way.”

Kubica admitted that adapting to the new cars took some time, but believed that he had got to grips with the current ruleset of Formula 1. Since his departure, F1 has welcomed hybrid powertrains and faster cars, of which Kubica now has experience both with Renault and Williams.

“Of course I’m starting nearly from scratch because Formula 1 has changed so much in the last seven years that it’s like nearly starting from zero.

“But my experience which I gained in the years I was racing in Formula 1 helped me to get on top of the learning process quicker than it used to be in the past.”

[​IMG]

Williams technical director Paddy Lowe also praised Kubica’s progress, intimating that there were no physical boundaries stopping him from re-entering F1. However, Lowe said that Williams still has to make a decision with regards to who it will run next year.

“Yes, there are no issues around that subject [Kubica’s fitness],” said Lowe.

“He did a great job, we were very happy with that absolutely with the number of laps and with the running altogether.

“[His feedback is] very good. He is a driver of tremendous experience and very knowledgable around his work. His job is a professional racing driver so he has that confidence and you can feel it in the garage – so everybody’s happy with Robert.”

Kubica was ninth fastest on Tuesday, over a second off of Stroll’s best, before setting the seventh-best time on Wednesday.

[​IMG]

Force India ran development driver Nikita Mazepin for the first day, before placing fourth and fifth on the second day as regular drivers Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon shared the car.

Haas and Renault deployed their current drivers in the test, the latter finishing sixth fastest on both days. Grosjean was fourth fastest on the first day, while Kevin Magnussen was ninth overall on day two.

McLaren was the only team permitted to run two cars – having missed the scheduled post-Brazil test following a number of security concerns. Test driver Oliver Turvey ran alongside Fernando Alonso on Tuesday, before Lando Norris and Stoffel Vandoorne took over for the team’s last running in partnership with Honda.

Charles Leclerc took over from Marcus Ericsson on the day that Sauber’s tie-up with Alfa Romeo was announced, while Brendon Hartley and Pierre Gasly were bottom of the timing board in the last session after Toro Rosso ran Sean Gelael on the first day.

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  11. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lewis is certainly one in a million. :p

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It was announced last week

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    First I heard of it. :D

Read a little bit about today at work, great stuff. :D

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  21. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  22. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed. ;)

Steve355F1 and daytona355 like this.
  23. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’d suggest that he realised how utterly idiotic he looked - even for him - and so decided to stick a hat on and pretend he’s sick until the old straightener has done its work.