2017 Lusso Issues | FerrariChat

2017 Lusso Issues

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by AbhiN, Oct 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AbhiN

AbhiN Rookie

Sep 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Abhinav Nannapaneni
    I have a 2017 GTC4Lusso, it has an issue where half of the middle brake light is dimly lit even when the car is turned off anyone have any idea as to what could be the issue?

2. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I haven't heard of that before, but make sure you have it on a tender. Battery issues can cause all of the electronics to go nuts. I'd call the dealership.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3. AbhiN

AbhiN Rookie

Sep 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Abhinav Nannapaneni
    Crazy thing is the magnetic connector does not work either for the tender. I got the car recently and it came like that. Fortunately, it seems like the battery drain isn’t too bad since it is extremely dim but still visible. I have already contacted a dealer who didn’t really know either, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me see what I was getting into

4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That’s odd. When you say the tender won’t work what do you mean? The battery wont charge? Are the lights on the tender on? Is the tender bad? Is the magnetic connection bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. AbhiN

AbhiN Rookie

Sep 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Abhinav Nannapaneni
    When I say that the tender doesn’t work I mean the tender doesn’t recognize the charging port on the car which I believe to be a problem with the magnetic mount on the car that you attach the tender to. Because of this the car battery will not charge on the tender

6. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    You can also attach the tender directly to the battery with the alligator clips, unless the place where you got the car from didn't supply the clips to you?
    The cable can be purchased separately from Ctek if you don't have them.

Regarding the lights, can you be more specific on exactly which part of the light is staying on?
    Is it both center lights or just the left or right?
    Is it the outer rings of the lights or the center sections that light up when you apply the brakes or turn signals?

7. AbhiN

AbhiN Rookie

Sep 7, 2021
    Full Name:
    Abhinav Nannapaneni
    Thank you, I was wondering whether or not I could directly attach the tender to the battery.

The issue with the brake light is not in the taillights but in the center section in between the taillights and directly on the trunk that lights up when the brakes are applied. Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Ahh I see, when you apply and release the brakes does it light up and turn off completely as it's supposed to?

My first thought is the brake light strip itself is faulty. If there were an electrical issue most likely the entire strip of lights would be on or off. Since it's only 1/2 the strip my first guess is there's some electrical short inside of it.

However it can also mean there's a very faint amount of voltage leaking into the wire that shouldn't be, but that's a more complicated issue to track down.

What you can do if you're so inclined to test it, is remove the light strip and connect a 12v +/- and see if it works properly.

With these weird electrical issues it's usually trial and error to see what's wrong. I would definitely try to get it checked asap as those lights remaining on will drain the battery faster than usual adding another bill to the equation.