2018-2019 NHL Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2018-2019 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by AceMaster, Aug 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hat Trick for Kessel!

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ovechkin already has 4 goals.

Tavares has 6.

3. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Yeah they are. They are not putting the puck on net in a meaningful fashion and their D keeps having massive lapses. It's mind-boggling how out of practice they look. They look like an expansion team! :)

Lotaz likes this.
  4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    JV's89 likes this.
  5. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Tamas a good game Trawna-Detroit last night. Trawna exhibits constant and overwhelming offensive firepower - still a winger unsigned, too!?!
    I was pleased to see the young Red Wings play two good periods against them. The addition of John Tavares may push the Leafs to the top of the
    east this season, however like many of you gents, I have witnessed many Leaf mess-ups through the seasons...

Regarding the VGK........ think sophomore jinx. The injuries to Stastny and Tuch don't help but that's life in the BIGS.

Add for Keith, our resident Philly now 'Canes loyal fan: Bobby Clarke was a three-time Hart Trophy winner (MVP of league). I did not remember this! I will always have my mind's image of his toof-less grin, though.

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Neil - Trawana - LMAO!!!!!!

How about DEEE-TROY-IT

LOL!!!

7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    We are off to quite the start but is our forwards saving us. We will not win the cup with this kind of defense. Sure you can score 5-7 goals NOW but wait until we get deeper in the season or the playoffs. We score 3 goals its a loss and a lucky OT win. Lot's of work to do but a nice start none the less.

Detroit has a tough one today against Boston. Oilers only 2 games which is funny compared to the rest of them.

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Fleury unbelievable against the Flyers today. Vegas is having a really tough time scoring goals.

https://www.nhl.com/video/fleury-records-26-save-shutout/t-277350912/c-61827303

Vegas had the most brutal start in the NHL schedule this year. They've played the most games (6), had some of them early start times, two were home openers for the opposing team, one against the Cup Champions, and 5 of the first 6 on the road.

Time to get back to some home cookin' and butt kickin'! :)

Lotaz likes this.
  9. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Flower looked unreal. He was on! The rest of the team....

I’ll say this; they sure played hard. They wanted that win, which is great to see. That fire seems to have returned a bit. However, they still really struggled to generate offense. Except for their last power play, they were just awful 5-4.

I’m optimistic they can build on today’s win. Hopefully it provides whatever spark is needed to get them going.

10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Many people do not know that Bobby Clarke was a diabetic. He never mentioned it. Another thing about the old days, lines almost never changed. None of this mixing up the lines business in the second period to get your team going. It was Leach, Clarke and Barber every shift, every games. No matter how tough they were, it was goalkeeping that won those two cups for Philly back in the Stone Ages.
    Canes lost first game of the season last night at Jets

11. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Caught a good chunk of the Canes vs Jets game. WOW. The Canes are really pushing. That game could have gone either way. Shots on goal for the Canes at 40 or so. Big surprise but the team sure looked good.

Leafs just doing leaf things here no reason to look :)

12. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tamas...Carolina gave Tampa all they could handle last night. Team is young and fast, very good at moving the puck. Crisp, quick, accurate passing is totally under-rated in today's NHL

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow the LA Kings SUCK.

:)

Lotaz likes this.
  14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mayor...have you seen the Flyers?

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No but the Kings got to 3-2 against the Islanders early in the 3rd period with a 2 man advantage. 20 seconds later the Islanders had a 2 on NOBODY still down a man and scored easily. The Islanders scored 4 goals in like 6 shots in the 3rd.

And this at HOME.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow the Kings SUCK! :)

Lost 5-1 at home to Buffalo being behind 4-0 most of the game. Not one shot on goal for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd period.

20 shots total including 3 power plays.

The Kings closed the dressing room from reporters after the game. Uh Oh...

18. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    AWESOME game against the Ducks. Total domination for the first 2 periods. The Ducks goal tender played super or it would have been a blow out.

Lotaz likes this.
  20. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I couldnt find the game in my motel but i was getting updates on my phone. It sounded like a great game on the highlights.

21. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Very fun game to be at last night. The arena was on fire and they played great. As Bob said, Vegas totally shut hem down for the first two periods. Ducks took way too many penalties and totally took themselves out of the game.

Shots on goal by period:

Ducks: 3, 6, and 9!
    Vegas: 15, 13, and 17.

The third period was what makes hockey great. Both teams played their hearts out.

And, Shaq was there last night having fun with everyone. He was all over the arena.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

TheMayor likes this.
  22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    saw a very entertaining Sharks vs. Canes game last night. Is Carolina for real? The difference in play between Brind'Amour's foot on the gas and Bill Peters' defensive shell game from last year to this is remarkable. Helps to have all that speed, though.

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  24. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Guys I had better talk about the Detroit Red Wings while I can this long NHL season.. . Three game winning streak.
    Facing the Oil tomorrow night here at home.

25. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Neal...as a long time hockey fan, I am rooting for your Red Wings. When that franchise had its long streak of qualifying for playoffs, and was a SC contender just about every year, they were never arrogant. It's a class organization, and its fans are second only to the knowledgeable, gentlemanly, and devoted fans of the Philadelphia Flyers.