2018/2019 Silly season | Page 21 | FerrariChat

2018/2019 Silly season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Mar 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Haas - Gro, KMag

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Grosjean must be on an interesting retain basis given how mistake prone he is and his penalty points total. I could see him being dropped very swiftly should issues arise. Maybe even 1 race. Yes, why keep him overall then.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If Toto ******* hadn't insisted in keeping opcon tied to Mercedes and released the guy they would probably have picked him up...

4. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Well Marchionne was planning to push Arrivabene out with Binotto taking his place, but Camillieri is a Marlboro guy so you have to assume ex- Marlboro Arrivabene is safe.

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Bring back LDM.

6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Why have Haas decided to retain Gros? He is a complete passenger in that team. Haas have a great car - imagine how well they would do if they had a good driver in there?? It's a complete mystery...

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    This unfortunately

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Former Ferrari drivers hail 2019 lineup

OCTOBER 2, 2018

Charles Leclerc will give Sebastian Vettel a run for his money at Ferrari next year.

That is the view of two experienced former Ferrari drivers.

Gerhard Berger told Tagesspiegel newspaper that the Maranello team's 2019 lineup is "very interesting".

"Leclerc is an excellent driver. However, I think in the first year it will be above all a learning phase. With his experience, Vettel should have his nose ahead," said the F1 legend.

Felipe Massa, meanwhile, does not think Ferrari is taking too great a risk by promoting its 20-year-old junior from Sauber.

"No, they've done well," he told Corriere della Sera.

"Besides his talent, Charles has an incredible head and in my opinion is even more mature than Max Verstappen.

"I am convinced that one day he will be able to become world champion. And with Sebastian Vettel at his side they will push each other.

"I think Ferrari has a great driver pairing for 2019," the Brazilian added.

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Hankook buys Williams car for F1 tyre testing

OCTOBER 2, 2018

Hankook appears determined to become F1's next tyre supplier.

The South Korean company has joined Pirelli in responding to the FIA's tender for the role of official tyre supplier starting in 2020.

Auto Motor und Sport reports that experienced F1 engineer Hirohide Hamashima, formerly of Bridgestone, has been retained as a consultant.

The FIA is said to be impressed with Hankook's headquarters in Daejeon, having passed the first technical stage of the tender process.

"Now there is the commercial discussion with F1," Pirelli boss Mario Isola revealed at Sochi.

Hankook is also preparing to develop and test its proposed 2020 tyres on the track.

The Korean company has reportedly bought a Cosworth-powered 2011 Williams car and a converted Formula 2 car, and retained the services of a former Formula E test driver.

Pirelli's Isola says he doesn't know how long the FIA will take to make its decision.

"There is no deadline for that so I cannot tell you how long it will last," he said.

DF1 likes this.
  10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    F1 points system not changing

OCTOBER 11, 2018

F1's points system is not changing for now.

Earlier, Liberty Media proposed changing the current system so that the top 15 all score points, rather than just the top 10 like today.

It was put to a vote of the team bosses, but F1 race director Charlie Whiting told Speed Week it was rejected.

"If everyone had agreed it would have been introduced for 2019. But not everyone agreed," he said.

It was some years ago that the points system was last changed, and F1 sporting boss Ross Brawn says that if a new change is made, it too will be for the long term.

"It would be an important decision, so if we changed it then it would remain for the next ten years or so," he said.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hope Hankook gets the contract.

I think Pirelli has been the worst F1 tyre supplier .

We risk nothing from changing.

12. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm afraid this season has finished me off, after 45+ years as an F1 fan. The whole F1 circus is crap. Ferrari are idiots. Everything is political and controlled by a handful of people. Good guys get screwed. Jerks have daddy buy their seats. The tire supplier is a wild card designed to protect the top teams. Drivers over 22-year old who have not secured a #1 seat are cast offs. The races are parades that have nothing to do with driver ability. More races are won in the FIA boardroom than on the track. Over and out!

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [Autobild]

Albon will get the seat next to Kvyat in Toro Rosso.

Autobild also reports that Ocon will be test/reserve driver for Mercedes next year

DF1 and william like this.
  14. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Kubica to get $10m boost for 2019 race seat

OCTOBER 17, 2018

Robert Kubica's chances of securing the vacant Williams race seat for 2019 have received a massive boost.

Sport Express, a Russian daily, reports that Polish oil company PKN Orlen is prepared to pump $10 million into the current Williams reserve driver's sponsorship coffers for 2019.

It gives him a fighting chance of competing with the millions offered by the likes of Sergey Sirotkin and becoming Mercedes-backed rookie George Russell's 2019 teammate.

Polish broadcaster Radio Zet agrees, claiming that the company's president Daniel Obajtek is pledging to make PKN Orlen a fuel sponsor in collaboration with Kubica.

Radio Zet said a meeting between Obajtek and Kubica in Warsaw this week was exclusively about discussing the sponsorship.

In a media statement, PKN Orlen declared: "At this stage it is too early to talk about a potential cooperation or any of the details.

"At the same time we confirm that a meeting between the president of the PKN Orlen management board, Daniel Obajtek, and Robert Kubica, did take place," the statement said.

Super Express said the meeting lasted for an hour.

Another Polish publication, Next Gazeta, said it is possible PKN Orlen will promote its Stop Cafe brand through the partnership.

Kubica said in Warsaw on Monday: "I am calm. I can only thank my fans for supporting me.

"Let's hope we'll see each other next year, but it's not like I will stop smiling. I don't know what will happen but I can say I'm working on it," he added.

subirg, jgonzalesm6, stavura and 3 others like this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Circuit de Cataunya testing dates 2019

February 18th thru the 21st

February 26th thru March 1st

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    "Checo" Perez confirmed to RP Force India for 2019.

william likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [Gazzetta]

So it looks like:

Ferrari will retain Arrivabene for 2019. Would have liked Binotto.

And

Toto "eyeing" Binotto's seat in Ferrari. He'll probably send Binotto a proposal. Would'nt be the first IF it happens.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139470/williams-has-plan-to-sign-ocon-for-2019

Williams is working on signing Esteban Ocon for next season but it depends on the Formula 1 team raising the necessary budget.

Ocon is expected to leave the Racing Point Force India team at the end of the year, with Sergio Perez's stay confirmed and Lance Stroll expected to join from Williams given his father Lawrence is now a Force India investor.

Formula 2 championship leader George Russell was announced as a Williams driver last week, while fellow Mercedes protege Ocon has targeted the British team as his last chance to remain on the F1 grid.

Williams is known to be keen on Ocon, but the team must consider its financial situation given it is losing title sponsor Martini at the end of the year and has benefitted this year by fielding the well-backed duo of Stroll and Sergey Sirotkin.

Though that has helped secure its short-term financial health, Williams has struggled with an uncompetitive car and is last in the constructors' championship.

Signing Russell, which has not been done via any Mercedes commercial support, is considered a significant statement of intent from Williams that it wants to put its competitive prospects above its financial needs.

This is also why Ocon remains an attractive proposition despite not bringing any backing.

However, after signing Russell Williams cannot afford to bring in Ocon without securing the necessary funding.

19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

correction: hard, medium, and soft.

21. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Very good! The previous set would describe something else.

22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Hope Ferrari change Vettel’s race engineer. He sounds so dumb on the radio. No wonder Vettel thinks he has to do everything by himself