2018 488 Spider - Vin# 232789 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2018 488 Spider - Vin# 232789

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Joe_CT, Jan 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Do you know the actual code for the rims ?

They are standard that I love and certainly they are not the dark option but are the silver or the chrome finish option ?

2. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Larry,

No paint correction was needed where the clear bra went. There was a very minor blemish on the rear deck lid that needed to be wet sanded and polished out, but that was it. I have a great set of guys that take care of my cars and I trust implicitly.

of2worlds and anishka like this.
  3. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #28 Joe_CT, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    The rims are the "Painted Chrome" option. They looked darker on the Ferrari website, but my sales consultant said they were lighter in reality. He showed them to me on a car they had in the shop and I had to have them once I saw them in person.

MANDALAY likes this.
  4. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Caeruleus11 and 100badboy100 like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I was concerned they would be dark, many thanks. Now I wish someone had the aluminium callipers so I could see how close they match the rims

6. anonymouscoward

Dec 27, 2017
    Florida
    Beautiful car, congrats and enjoy!

7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  8. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    nice. where was the car meet? do you do fca stuff too?

9. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Here you go. This is my Spider with that set up. The stock rims in the dark chrome did match up the aluminum calipers well but looked a little too chunky in person so I switched them to the diamond forged and it looks perfect now IMO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    We meet in Glastonbury, CT every Sunday morning (we have a thread in the New England section). During the winter there are more daily drivers than Ferraris, but there are a few that show up every week with their Ferrari unless it is snowing. I do some of the FCA events throughout the year. The main one I do is the Concorso in West Hartford each June.

Beautiful Spider. Good luck with it.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats gorgeous car!

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking ride. now go get some miles on it!

13. DesmoHugh

DesmoHugh Rookie

May 27, 2010
    Very nice! I just got my first picture of the journey! Question: when you said "8 months till delivery," when was that from? Configuration, or from when your build started?

Thanks and congrats!

14. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The eight months was from Configuration / Deposit. I configured and put the deposit on the car in May 2017 and it was delivered in Jan 2018. I heard from the dealer in July 2017 it was selected for build in November 2017. The build completed on November 28th and was delivered to the dealer mid January.

DesmoHugh likes this.
  15. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Congratulations Joe. Subscribed to this thread.

If you ever need anything like some HRE Performance Wheels give us a holler.

16. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It’s been a little while since I posted so figured I would update the thread. The 488 is up to about 180 miles and got a full detail after cars and coffee today.

The unrelenting Sunday rain finally gave us a break for the last two weeks so actually got the car out for two weekends in a row. A few pics from the past two weekends with the CT Gatherers Crew...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Stunning Spider Joe..! Looks so awesome in red. Enjoy it to the fullest! I live in South Florida and it’s been raining every day for three weeks so my Spider has been locked up in the garage..

Caeruleus11 and Joe_CT like this.
  18. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Beautiful car. My wife and I are looking for a winter home in SE FL. We get down to Ft Lauderdale 3-4 times each winter so hope to get a home there and have a place to store / drive the car in the winter.

19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Make sure to keep a lookout for 488 on the odometer and add it to the 488 on my 488 thread. At this rate it might take you a while to get there though. :)

Joe_CT likes this.
  20. 458 Spider 0414

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    I’ve lived in south Florida all my life Joe.. Ft.Lauderdale is very nice and has beautiful beaches. I’m a bit more south in Miami but only 30 minute drive to Ft. Lauderdale. No doubt you will find a nice house to store the Spider..

21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A great first year with the 488. It just got back from getting its annual service at 581 miles (yes, I know, I am not driving it enough). It also received a new windshield due to a defect in the laminate and a new battery as it would not hold a charge.

Miller always does a great job and car came back better than new. I can only hope the roads stay clear for a while so I can a few more miles on it before the roads get coated with rock salt and she is done for the long cold winter.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  22. 458 Spider 0414

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Hi Joe,

Let me know when you will be visiting Ft. Lauderdale so we can meet up for lunch or coffee. Put some more miles on that gorgeous 488...!!!
    All the best to you...

Ray,

23. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Will do. Heading back down in Feb. I was in Lauderdale for business in Nov attending the Boat Show, but my schedule was tight while I was there.

24. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The goal this year is to get the 488 out every month in 2019 despite living in the frozen north of CT. Check January off the list. A very cold morning (20 degrees) but the roads were clear of road salt after a good rain earlier this week and the sun was bright so out we went the the rest of the winter drivers. The 488 sure does love cold dense air!

25. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Joe - congrats on the goal, and the ride. Great idea. I almost took mine out yesterday but too much salt where I am.

If you get the itch to head north, let me know. Upstate NY.