2018 ATLANTA ITALIAN CAR DAY | FerrariChat

2018 ATLANTA ITALIAN CAR DAY

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by AlfaRick, Oct 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2617949 The 22nd Annual Atlanta Italian Car Day is Saturday, October 27, 2018. 10 AM - 3 PM at Lillian Webb Park, Norcross, GA. $25 Registration at the site, registration starts at 9 AM. All registrants enter at Buford Hwy & Britt Ave. this year (due to new library construction). Marque Awards, Best of Show Award, People's Choice Awards, Kid's "Hottest Award, Vendor Raffle Prizes, Dealer New Car Demos. Visitors FREE. www.italiancardayatlanta.com

ATLdoghouse and steved033 like this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  3. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    ALL, The 2018 Atlanta Italian Car Day has been RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN - TO NOV 10, 2018. Same location: Lillian Webb Park, Norcross, GA. Same time: 10 AM to 3 PM. Registration starts at 9 AM.

City of Norcross will not allow us to use lawn areas of park when ground is wet.

Thanks, Rick www.ItalianCarDayAtlanta.com

4. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    ALL, The 2018 Atlanta Italian Car Day has been RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN - TO NOV 10, 2018. Same location: Lillian Webb Park, Norcross, GA. Same time: 10 AM to 3 PM. Registration starts at 9 AM.

City of Norcross will not allow us to use lawn areas of park when ground is wet.

5. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Hey Rick, I put an update post on the alfabb under car events.

Dave R.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Thank you for the heads up!!

7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    wish i'd checked the internet before driving...lol

see you all (hopefully) on the 10th.

sjd

8. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    All, the 2018 ATLANTA ITALIAN CAR DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED. The Weather Gods have not been agreeable at all this year, it looks like rain again this Thursday & Friday will soak the lawn area.

Atlanta Italian Car Day will be rescheduled for after the holidays, next year at a date to be determined. Show Co-ordinator & Contact: John Montgomery / [email protected].

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Maybe the backup plan would be to park in the street downtown as they do at British Car Fayre. If the city is willing to let the Brits do it, why not the Italians?

4re308, steved033 and ATLdoghouse like this.
  10. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    indeed. and if they don't want mainstreet clogged up, there's a bunch of parking around thrasher park on thrasher and buchanan streets.

What is the car count, typically?

sjd

11. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    In Atlanta, you always need a plan B and never give up a sunny or non-rainy day. This makes little sense.

12. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Is there not a plan B for this situation ? Like the suggestions of main street or thrashers lot ?

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If all else fails, can I at least get a copy of the show poster? There must be plenty of copies available.

14. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Jim.... Friend and I had planned on bringing out the Ducati's... but no-show as mentioned. Honestly, why mess with something that works (like the British show) and follow-suit there. No need for the fancy grass and potential for missed event(s).

steved033 likes this.
  15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The new date is.....March 2. And the rain backup is now to move the show to the downtown street, as I had suggested above. So if the grass is too wet, we'll do it in the street, just like the British do.

4re308, steved033 and ATLdoghouse like this.
  16. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    NEW SPRING DATE! The 22nd Annual Atlanta Italian Car Day is Saturday, March 2, 2019. 10 AM - 3 PM at Lillian Webb Park, Norcross, GA. $25 Registration at the site, registration starts at 9 AM. All registrants enter at Buford Hwy & Britt Ave. this year (due to new library construction). Marque Awards, Best of Show Award, People's Choice Awards, Kid's "Hottest Award, Vendor Raffle Prizes, Dealer New Car Demos. Visitors FREE! www.italiancardayatlanta.com Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Now, is this still considered the "2018" ICD? And will there be a 2019 show at the usual time in the autumn? Or are you moving the show to March permanently?

18. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Saturday is coming, might have to pull an all nighter to get the car there, though...some things never change...

sjd

ATLdoghouse likes this.
  19. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Weather forecast looks like we'll be on the main street rather than the park.

20. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Ciao, All

Yes, unfortunately, 2019 Italian Car Day has been RESCHEDULED DUE TO RAIN moving thru our area.

NEW DATE: SATURDAY MARCH 23, 2019

Everything else remains the same. Registrants please enter at Buford Hwy and Britt Ave starting at 9 AM. Please pass the info around to those who might not be on our email list.

(Maybe eventually we’ll get the new poster distributed!)

Attached Files:

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I may be in Florida on 3/23. After four tries (all of which I could have made) it would be cruel to miss it...

You sure you're not being too hasty with the reschedule? It's only Tuesday, and we know how forecasts can change around here. If Saturday turns out to be a nice day, I think I'm going to give up on Italian Car Day forever.

22. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I might even have the fuel pumps done by then...

sjd

23. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    The problem according to John Montgomery is that the City of Norcross will not let cars on the grass if it rains Thursday or Friday... very touchy about that grass. I would imagine it would be a mess. It could be sunny and 65 degrees saturday, but if it rained in the last 48 hours Norcross will shut us out....

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The backup plan now - which wasn't in place in the fall - is to hold the show on the streets of downtown if the grass is too wet, which I anticipate it will be.

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Meanwhile, the current forecast for Saturday calls for a 50% chance of showers from 4 AM to 8 AM, ending by 9:30 AM, and dry (aside from a light passing sprinkle) the rest of the day until after midnight. Temps in the low 50s early, rising to 62 mid-afternoon.

As far as I'm concerned, that's good enough weather for a car show, but I'm not calling the shots! We'll see if the forecast has changed in the morning.