2018 Autumn Fling - Covered Bridge Tour | FerrariChat

2018 Autumn Fling - Covered Bridge Tour

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by VGM911, Sep 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #1 VGM911, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Pennsylvania has 219 covered bridges (more than any other state), and Bucks County has 12 of them (more than any other county in Pennsylvania). Scheduled for October 13th (rain date October 14th), we will enjoy the fall foliage by taking a small group of Mercedes-Benzes to Bucks County to visit several of these wonderful 19th century bridges, leaving from historic Washington Crossing State Park, PA in the morning and ending in Titusville, NJ (for a late brunch). The sign-up period starts October 1st.

This event is open to Mercedes-Benz cars only, and is being conducted by the South Jersey Region - MBCA (Mercedes-Benz Club of America). Participation is limited to 12 cars. If you are interested in participating, PM me with the year and model of your Mercedes, the number of people who will be in your car, and if you are staying for brunch. I'll send you the start/finish information in return. You'll have more fun if you bring a navigator with you, and you likely won't get lost!

2. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    While I'm sure the Bucks County bridges are historically significant and make for a lovely tour, Lancaster County has 27 covered bridges and Bedford has 14.

3. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    To be honst, I don't remember where I got my information about the count of covered bridges - I seem to think the information came from the Bucks County Tourism Bureau, but I wouldn't swear to it. In any event, I didn't think it was necessary to double check the information at that time.

That being said, I did research it a little following your post, and it seems you are correct. Thanks for pointing out my error(s). We're pretty lucky to have so many covered bridges here in Pennsylvania, aren't we?