2018 Brazil Interlagos; Pre-Race News | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2018 Brazil Interlagos; Pre-Race News

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I was 1 year old in 1966. :p

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I want Kimi to win again, but I'll settle for Vettel. :)

4. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I was eight. :)

5. DF1

For Vettel a clean sound victory would boost confidence I think. He needs a bit with the new Charles challenge for next year. I am not a major Vettel fan but he needs a win. A Kimi win would go over very well with F1 overall :)

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  8. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sao Paulo steps up security ahead of the BrazilGP following 2017 incidents.

Force India brings their own security service.

DF1 and G. Pepper like this.
  12. DF1

https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen-brazil-track-doesnt-suit-red-bull/ --

Max Verstappen is not entirely optimistic about Red Bull’s chances at the upcoming Brazilian Grand Prix.

Verstappen has emerged as one of the most in-form drivers with five podiums in the last seven races, including victory last time out in Mexico.

But, the Dutchman thinks the Interlagos circuit may not bring out the best of the RB14.

“In general Interlagos doesn’t suit our car that well, but after finishing on the podium there in 2016 and winning last week in Mexico, anything can happen in the race,” said Verstappen in his race preview.

“I’ve had some great battles and overtakes there and I’m hoping for another exciting race.”

Verstappen is a fan of Brazil and enjoys the close proximity to the fans when out on the grid.

“The Brazilian fans are so loud and because the narrow starting grid is so close to the grandstand you can hear them cheering when you’re sat on the grid,” he added.

“The food in Brazil is really good and the Churrascaria restaurants have amazing grilled meat.

“Although it’s nearly the end of the season I still have to be careful what I eat in order to stay in shape, which is a shame as I would like to enjoy the local cuisine even more.”

13. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    LeClerc is going to ruffle some feathers next season.... He's going to unsettle all the big boys. It's going to be great viewing :)

NEP likes this.
  14. DF1

Yes would appear the potential is there. That will be story #1 to me.

stavura likes this.
  15. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    DF1 likes this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The drivers didn't;)

17. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    One of them did, the other thought it was fine. And the driver who hated it finished first in it once. This was a pretty interesting take:

"Initially considered to be a problem area, Joel Rosinsky later declared that "The steering is so gentle and absolutely free of reaction that you might have thought it was power-assisted!""

375+ likes this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The first season the cars were competitive; the second season(as in the photo)they were not. Goodyear directed tire development on conventional 4 wheel chassis. Tyrrell was left with a combination of new rears and outdated fronts.

19. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, they only had one decent season, but they were the last truly unique F1 cars. Still the most instantly recognizable F1 cars ever. There's no room to experiment like that anymore.

Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I got to see them compete in both seasons. The battle between Hunt and Schecter at Watkins Glen in 1976 was a classic.

Jeronimo GTO and G. Pepper like this.
  21. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139890/honda-upgraded-engine-will-return-for-brazil

Toro Rosso will return to Honda's upgraded Formula 1 engine for the Brazilian Grand Prix because the high-altitude challenge of Interlagos is not as extreme as at Mexico City.

Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley used an older specification of Honda engine for the previous race in Mexico because the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit is situated 2200metres above sea level.

Lower air density, experienced at higher altitude, impacts the combustion process and the turbocharger is worked harder as compensation.

Honda therefore opted for an older engine it had better understanding of how to calibrate for the conditions.

Red Bull avoided using Renault's latest-spec engine in Mexico for reliability reasons, and is not expected to use it in Brazil either as the Interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo is the second-highest on the calendar at around 800m above sea level.

But Honda's spec-three engine is poised to return in Brazil.

22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That was when I was first following F1. The Hunt/Lauda epic was from my senior year of high school to my freshman year of college.

Jeronimo GTO and 375+ like this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Indelible memories. What do you think of the movie Rush?
    And in that context . . .
    Respect the Rat!

G. Pepper and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  24. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    James and Niki battling it out was a bit before "my time" (although seeing Niki go through Loews hairpin in the red Ferrari is one of my earliest childhood memories and probably THE reason for my fascination with the marque).

To answer your question: I liked the movie, but I preferred Tom Rubython's book ("Shunt") on James' life and his friendship/rivalry with Niki.

375+ likes this.
  25. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I have the DVD. I think they did the subject justice, and Daniel Bruhl looked so much like Lauda it was uncanny.