2018 F1 car reveals / leaks etc | FerrariChat

2018 F1 car reveals / leaks etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jan 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133769/new-williams-looks-a-lot-more-aggressive

Retired Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa says his former team Williams's 2018 challenger looks "more aggressive" than its predecessor.

Massa raced for Williams for the past four years, taking podiums in 2014 and '15 before the team's form declined and it slipped from third in the 2014/15 constructors' championships to fifth for the last two seasons.

Next year's Williams will be the first that chief technical officer Paddy Lowe will have an influence on and Massa says visually, the changes are significant.

"I saw the new car in the windtunnel and I saw so many changes that it looks quite interesting," Massa told Autosport.

"Everybody is working. Maybe you get to the first race and everybody has so many different changes and everything in the car.

"The car looks a lot more aggressive. It looks a lot more different so I believe maybe they can improve."

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter how it looks but how it performs.

NürScud, NEP and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ...given who is going to drive the car, i think it also doesn't matter much how it performs...

Bas likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133806/mclaren-predicts-biggest-change-in-2018-look

Zak Brown says McLaren's look will undergo the "biggest change" of all the teams on the 2018 Formula 1 grid.

McLaren unveiled an all-new black, orange and white livery for last season as part of a freshening up of its image following the departure of long-time chief Ron Dennis.

Since joining the team as executive director, Brown has been keen to do things differently and with McLaren swapping Honda power for Renault this year, fans can expect another change for the brand.

"The car's not going to look the same as last year," Brown told Autosport.

"Our whole brand, the visibility of McLaren, is going to go to the next level and it's going to be exciting.

"We know what a lot of the other teams are going to look like, but hopefully people will see the biggest change on and off the track at McLaren going into Australia."

When asked if the papaya orange, synonymous with McLaren's early years, will stay, Brown said: "There will be some nod to our history but we're not done with the livery yet because a lot of that is sponsor dependent."

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sponsor???So its white so far?

daytona355 likes this.
  6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Funny

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    it keeps geting better and better...why not a 50 inch moniotor while we're at it!

Bas likes this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Bas likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..No power..no Power!!! my display is off i'm losing the favourite part of the soap opera!!!

12. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    My favorite time of year is car reveal time. I hear both the McLaren and Mercedes are pretty much 100% totally different cars. Most or all (not clear) of 2017 Ferrari and Benz were supposedly running a steering rack which lowered the front end when turning and the Fia caught on and devised a new test requiring the rack be turned lock to lock while measuring the front wing height. I've been wondering how much this will level (pardon the pun) the sharp end of the grid to teams really grinding development hard, such as Renault

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    "Grosjean: Stop whining about the brakes!"
    "Alonso: Stop whining about everything!"

stavura likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    "Seb, Kimi is faster then you ..but never mind."

15. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    The halo ruins it for me. I don't even care what the rest of the car looks like. :(

-F

BMW.SauberF1Team, DF1 and NEP like this.
  16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    True. I hate it too. Just like I hate the current asthmatic PUs, but I’ll still watch. That’s what happens to addicts like me...! ;)

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Same here. I won't be watching and don't care if they're a couple seconds faster than the 2004 cars, which still look and sound incredible. Only MotoGP this season for me.

greg328 likes this.
  18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So if Hamilton/Bottas/Seb/Kimi/Max/Ricciardo and Alonso are all wheel to wheel racing from lights out to the chequered flag, battling around every single corner, at every race this season (unlikely, but you never know!), you won't watch a single race because you don't like how the cars look? :confused:

19. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunately that’s not going to happen. RB may have the car but don’t have the power. Ferrari may have the power but don’t have the car.

Merc was dominant the 2nd half of the season once they figured out their issues. They will just build on that for this year. I already feel like it’s gonna be 2016 all over again.

375+ likes this.
  20. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I'm not sure about that. If Ferrari didn't have reliability issues on the second part of the season the results would have been way much different. Let's be optimistic and hope that Ferrari will dominate this time around.

subirg likes this.
  21. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes. How the cars look and sound matter to me and not just the racing itself. I'm not going to watch a series only because anyone can win. There are lots of racing series that are competitive, but field cars I don't care about.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

quickly becoming Formula Snowflake isn't it. ''don't be offensive guys''

Kiwi Nick likes this.
  23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes indeed. I know that you cannot dis-invent progress, so there is no need to lament about the "good old days", and we have to do the best we can with what we have today, but somehow this is getting a bit Orwellian in the wish to control everything.
    When we will end up with everything under control, there won't be any fun left, isn't it?
    Ah well: to quote Kimi again: "leave me alone, I know what I am doing".

Ferraripilot and Bas like this.
  24. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Yes, how the cars look, along with the poor sound of the engines, makes it hard for me to be enthusiastic about race day.

If there was parity between the teams and not just another year of MB dominance, I might be lured back. You let me know if that actually happens.

-F

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    it wont. Merc will dominate as usual