2018 Fantasy Football | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2018 Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rob lay, Aug 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Clearly, you need a better team name! Must be bad mojo ;)

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yes! Suggestions?
    T

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Qvb likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well you may not pick any better Tom, but I really like your avatar. Tom Landry was the classiest of all head coaches.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Paul. Don't forget, Landry was also a great innovator in football.
    T

7. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ball So Hard may knock me off the 6-0 perch in FChat II this week. Two WR on bye and Christian Kirk hasn’t done jack tonight. I’m making a comeback in FC I at 3-3 but a long way to go and my bench is weak.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I should get the TNF Genius Award. On Tuesday I picked up the Denver defense in both FC I and II. I got 32 points, which I think is the most I have ever seen a defense score.

The other bonus was I had Sanders in FC I, he caught a TD pass and threw a TD pass!

tomc likes this.
  9. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Nice move! Arizona defense was supposed to have a good game also, but that didn't work out so well. At least I also had Sanders to make it not hurt so much.

10. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    David Johnson....where are you????

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    That sucks! But your team name is a big win!

13. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I got to wake up to a big zero from the injured Melvin Gordon playing the 6AM game in London! Yay!

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks! I needed a name change to help give my team new mojo. Fingers crossed...T

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ouch. I wish I had slept a bit later and left Robinson off my starting roster...T

16. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    The other day I was noticing the substantially different statistics between the 2 Ferrarichat leagues and thought of posting some of the highlights here but I didn't do it. But now, after seeing how week 7 is unfolding, it got even more interesting. So here are some interesting stats after week 6.
    The first thing that really grabbed my attention was the difference in points scored between the highest and lowest scoring teams in the 2 leagues. In FC2, the highest scoring team is in 2nd place and has scored 715 points. The lowest scoring team is in 10th place with 422 points, creating a difference of 293 points! Compare that to FC1 where the highest scoring team is in 1st place with 607 points and the lowest scoring team is in 12th place with 523 points. That is only an 84 point difference, less than 1/3 the points in FC2. This corresponds to much closer standings. Where FC2 has a team at 6-0 and one at 0-6 and everything in between, FC1's leader is at 4-2 and the last place team is at 2-4. This immediately struck me, that the last place team in FC1, Whiskey A Gogo, is only 2 games out of first place, and even their point deficit would not be insurmountable with a couple blowouts. Of course it is not actually possible for Whiskey to be in first place in just 2 games because of the schedule but they can be in 3rd. This is where week 7 comes into play. Based on how the week 7 results are looking, everything that needed to happen for Whiskey to make it from 12th to 3rd in 2 weeks is happening, other then the fact that he needs to score more points. But regardless of the point totals, if things go as needed in week 8, there will be 8 teams with 4-4 records, and, potentially, still only 2 games between first and last.
    The big scoring difference between the leagues would suggest a more even distribution of player talent, which theoretically could come from more experienced fantasy team managers. I would imagine this would't happen if everyone used the autodraft. So comparing how many people autodrafted could be interesting.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    :(
    Interesting analysis. The thing I noticed is that apart from Paul, no one has had a significantly tougher than average schedule thus far. My opponents are only scoring a tad above average thus far. My team just stinks. Looking over my team's performance. I think I've done OK @ QB & K, very well @ TE (Kelce). Drafting last, I'm not surprised that my RBs and WRs have stunk it up as all the can't miss studs were more or less gone by then. The loss of Fournette - my top draft choice - has not helped. The biggest under-performers, however, I think have been the Jags D. They are nowhere near the form of last year. I'm hoping their locker room fight of yesterday will right the ship!
    T

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Yoo hoo, Allen Robinson II? Your dad called; he asked that you drop the "II" from your name. You're embarrassing the heck out of him. :D
    This turkey is now available on the waiver wire. Good luck, I hope he's less putrid for y'all than he was for me.
    T

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    John, I'm on my second manhattan and I don't have a clue what you are saying. Could you boil it down to one sentence? :D

And Tom, "My team just stinks.", you nailed it! :D

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    One sentence? how's about...

"Drink more Manhattans & it'll make more sense!"

T

21. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Man I suck at this. I started out 3-0 in FC1 and 2-1 in FC2. Now I'm 3-3 in both leagues and haven't come close to any projections in like three weeks in either league. :(

22. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    #72 Qvb, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    One sentence? You are not going to win FC2 but you could win FC1. :D

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Well, in another league I was 6-0, THEN Melvin Gordon didn't play in London and it was too
    late to swap him out, my other RB was Carlos Hyde, he didn't play/suit for JAX, and to top it off I was too
    late to swap out Gronkowski.

Result?

I played a guy who isn't 'playing' anymore, he had a RB that is on IR, a TE that is on IR, a kicker that
    got cut, and the rest of his team got him 34 points total.

I had Mahomes and Emanuel Sanders...

I won....

nicholasn likes this.
  24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Mahomes alone probably got you over 34 or close to it!
    T

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yea, I'm just hoping I can crawl into the number 8 spot in II, but then I'm not exactly a shoo in for I either.

Of course a big help in II is I'm playing Tom this week! :D