2018 Indy Car | Page 18 | FerrariChat

2018 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Oct 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I envision this scenario and it doesn't look good. Zak Brown does a major press conference with Fernando to announce the formation of a new Indycar team. A week later Zak Brown gets canned and McLaren announce they're killing the Indycar plan.

By the way, this Spanish journalist who spoke with Zak today is hinting something may go down this Tuesday.

Martin Whitmarsh whispering in Mansour Ojjeh's ear and the news of the factory uprising it throwing a big wrench into what seemed like another plus in Indycar's momentum for 2019. Certainly Fernando doesn't need McLaren for an Indycar effort so not all is lost, but adding that brand to the series would have been nice.

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Now that Alonso has won LeMans, it's off to Indianapolis. The question is, will he stop F1 and do the entire IndyCar series. ?!?

3. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I just finished watching Texas.

I thought it was a decent race, only two incidents with more than one car that I remember.

It really looked like a fierce track to orchestrate passing, and driving on older tires appeared to be a strong challenge.

The cars are still somewhat ugly, but not as ugly as they were before.

I'll probably watch some more Indycar this year.

4. Good for you! :rolleyes: :p :)

5. To both.....who cares???!!! :p:)

6. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    What's Whitmarsh been whispering too Ojjeh and what uprising? Has something been printed somewhere? Genuinely interested, I haven't hear this before.

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, but what are the terms of Alsono's contract with
    McLaren?

Who's to say that Penske or Ganassi just step up and pay his retainer to put them on their
    team?

BHW

8. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
  9. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Here are a couple links on the subject.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-5849995/McLaren-face-revolt-staff-appeal-former-boss-Martin-Whitmarsh-help-ailing-F1-team.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

https://theparcferme.com/staff-unrest-at-mclaren-seeking-martin-whitmarshs-help/

10. Lorenzen making a comeback? Surely you don't mean IndyCrap...errr....Car?

NASCR....NASCAR maybe....... :p :D

11. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
  12. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Dixon to McLaren story is a massive letdown. The only thing that would change my mind is if Alonso decides to either partner with him to run the full season, or it’s a one car team and Alonso runs it alone.

Why? If it turns out that Dixon is the sole headliner at a McLaren Indycar team, what does it prove, nothing. He already has titles, he’s already third in all time wins, he probably will continue to win, it’s just moving chess pieces around. This is no different if Dixon moved to Penske; it proves nothing.

I want to see Ali vs Frazier, and a two team effort of Alonso & Dixon gives you that. Let’s see how good Dixon really is against one of the world’s best in equal equipment, everyone says Dixie is Indycar’s best and this will be the true test. If it’s Alonso running full time alone, it’s Indycar’s best vs. Alonso. In either case, Alonso has to be a part of the equation to create the drama we all want to see.

On the positive, the McLaren team being in Indycar seems to be a bit more solidified so that’s the only silver lining here.

13. Hmmm. Another (hopefully) strong contender in the series is welcome, no matter who be the driver(s). I'm ('already known, of course) no IndyCar fan, but I wish the best for any racing series, even it ain't my cup of tea.

14. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Robin Miller/Marshall Pruett said today at Road America that rumblings are stronger that McLaren Indy effort could be a two car team. At this point, it's a waiting game whether Alonso will be one of the two or not partnered with either Dixon or Latifi's son (guy who just put nearly $300 million into McLaren coffers)

15. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003