2018 Monterey Car Week | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2018 Monterey Car Week

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by TTR, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Speechless...how can they be so clueless and not see how this will drive all the good cars away: they are cutting off the branch they are sitting on.

2. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Another reason among many of why I stopped doing Monterey and go to the Goodwood Revival instead.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Funnily enough for the first time in at least 6 or 7 (probably more) years the revival is not entirely sold out this year. Tickets still available for both the Friday and Sunday on their website.

Timmmmmmmmmmy and TTR like this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Sounds like the last couple of Monterey Car (event) Weeks and related hospitalities I mentioned at the start of this thread. Perhaps a global phenomenon now ?

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    The problem with records is how do you top them and selling out is just another record at the end of the day. Same thing with this years Monterey gross which was down on 2014s record but still a record of sorts, for many it will disappoint that it isn't the greatest ever (or that the GTO was only $48 mil) but they are still fantastic sums. Will have confirmed results on the Monterey auction thread in the next hour or two. Cheers Timothy.

Lusso123 and Daytonafan like this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I can appreciate this statement. Having only attended the past two years, I loved the experience. Having said that, the week is overwhelming. I don’t see any harm in the manufacturers having hospitality and display set-ups. Pebbble Beach week, like it or not, is the greatest automotive event in the world. Still, there are plenty of options for everyone’s tastes. Regarding the point Marcel made about replicas - that is very disappointing.

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    link to that thread? searched 'Monterey auction' and nothing current shows up.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  8. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    BJK likes this.