2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 12 | FerrariChat

2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joe_CT, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Always great to see you guys. Nice picts. I like the reflection of the Ferrari front nose in the door!
    an F owner stopped by at 11:30 when everyone left and was about to..
    The jag has definitly the Aston sound pedigree in addition to a close family resemblance.

2. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Gatherers,

Okay, I have been scoping out locations for our next dinner get together. We have been to Bricco Trattoria and Max Amore in Glastonbury, so was looking for something new, yet close to our normal gathering spot. I think I found a good spot for us.

It is called "River: A Waterfront Restaurant and Bar" in Wethersfield. It is right off Interstate 91 and about 1 mile from our normal gathering spot. It is right on the Connecticut River with good food and adult beverages along with outdoor seating overlooking the river if the weather is good.

It is also off the beaten path with a huge parking lot which is basically empty after business hours (restaurant is on the main lobby of an office building) so should be very secure for our F-Cars. I also have a waiter (Eric) who will take good care of us.

I was thinking maybe a Thursday here in late July or early August. Let me know what you think on Sunday and I can get something organized.

A few pictures I snapped this evening while the family and I were there for dinner scoping it out:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Anybody going tomorrow? I’m driving a truck, but I’ll be there.

4. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I plan to be there. Weather looks great.

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’ll be there.

6. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    It's a perfect morning for motoring. I'll be late but I'll be there.

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'll be there by 10.

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A few picks from today...

Sounds like most folks are good with River for a dinner location and Thursday seems to be the preferred day to ensure maximum availability.

I’ll call the resturaunt this week and make a reservation and will let the group know the date. It will be later this month or early August.

So far I have Phil, Dean, Joe, Tom, John, Kevin, Frank, Brendon (I think you said yes previously), and me. Let me know who I missed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Joe, depending on date I’d love to join.

10. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dave, great... adding you to the list. I am going to try for Thursday, July 26th.

11. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dinner:

River: A Waterfront Restaurant
    100 Great Meadow Rd, Wethersfield

We are confirmed for dinner on Thursday July 26th with folks arriving around 6PM for cocktails / apps and dinner starting after that for folks who will arrive a little later.

We have a reservation for up to 14 people. I have 10 folks so far for dinner: Dave, Phil, Dean, Joe, Brendon, Tom, Kevin, John, Frank, and Me.

Let me know if I missed anyone or should add anyone else. I can always increase the reservation size if needed.

12. smss26

smss26 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    Glastonbury, CT
    Full Name:
    Stephen Spencer

13. smss26

smss26 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    Glastonbury, CT
    Full Name:
    Stephen Spencer
  14. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Steve, got you on the list now... sorry for the oversight on the first pass.

smss26 likes this.
  15. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Thanks for doing the leg work, Joe. It is certainly my favorite event of the year.

16. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    I'd like to attend as well Joe.

+1 = 12 now

17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Looking forward to it.

18. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone going?

19. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'm going but I may skip going home to get the Ferrari. We'll see what the weather is like when I leave.

20. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I'm going. Radar looks clear until 1-2pm.

21. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    I'll be there

22. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    bman6074 likes this.
  23. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I'm posting for the first time in a while. As some of you know, we're opening a classic car restoration shop in New Britain called "The Paddock". At this point, we're still setting up shop in our 18K square foot building while we wait for approval from the city to operate as a dealer/repairer, and this won't happen until September.

Our business will be more of an experience rather than just another restoration shop. We will have a large lounge/library area, big screen TV's, conference rooms, and will host cruise nights and car shows in our 2-acre parking lot. The city's administrators that I've met with are supportive of this type of use but I still need to convince the common council.

I'm preparing a presentation for my appearance before the common council on September 11th, and would like to get some interesting cars here for a photo shoot to include with this. It would be great if you guys could do this Sunday's gathering in my lot at 285 Columbus Boulevard in New Britain. I'll have coffee and breakfast stuff available. You could come straight here or do it as a drive from G'Bury.

Let me know if there's any interest.

Thanks,

Michael Donnelly
    eight six zero-nine18-5253

https://www.thepaddockcars.com

UConn Husky likes this.
  24. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mike,

Very cool... I had no idea you were opening a restoration shop. That is what I hope to do in my second career (alhough I will set up shop in Southeast FL).

The weather is not looking great for Sunday but I am sure we could pull a group together one day for a few photos. It gives us another reason to get the cars out.

25. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yea cool. If it can wait a couple more weeks. I should be able to drive the lotus by then.