2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 15 | FerrariChat

2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joe_CT, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Passed another milestone with the 328. Last night the odometer passed 80,000 on the way home from Home Depot. Closing in on 00,000. I keep thinking about getting a more modern car but I can't do it if it means letting this one go. It's just too good.

2. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You have multiple Jags... no reason you can’t have multiple F-Cars :)

3. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Looks like a great day for a run up to Gbury. Should be there by 9:30. Anyone else going?

4. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'll be there. Have to imagine regulars and not so regulars will be there. Such a nice day for a cruise

5. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Brett and I will be there.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Sorry I missed today but my heart decided I would visit the hospital. No big deal, a little chest pain, blocked artery, stent in place. I'll be out of here tomorrow. Hope to see you all next week.

7. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Hope you’re on the mend John!

johnk... likes this.
  8. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    John, so sorry to hear of your health promblem. I'm glad you got it taken care of. Stents are very common these days. I look forward to seeing you soon. P.S. I heard that Porsche's can be bad for your heart. You might want to cut back on your exposure.

johnk... likes this.
  9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    johnk... likes this.
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Thanks guys. I've taken harder punches. :)

Seems like a really light turn out considering the weather.

11. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    John,

Glad to hear you are on the mend so quickly. I even brought the Porsche out today so you wouldn't be so outnumbered.

I already have the route map prepared for everyone for next Sunday. Should be a fun drive. A little scenery mixed in with some twisties, all on the back roads between Gbury and Westbrook. If anyone wants an early copy, just message me your email address and I can scan it and send it to you. Let's hope the weather cooperates. We will have some cold drinks and I'll fire up the grill and make burgers and hot dogs for anyone that can hang around a while before heading home. Rain date will have to be 9/16 since we will have out of town visitors here on the 9th.

johnk... likes this.
  12. XJRS Owner

XJRS Owner Karting

Aug 20, 2009
    Northern CT
    You guys gonna' miss the big show at LRP next Sunday?!

13. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    No, they're going to miss me! I did it once. This year it's $40 per person. Not worth $80 to me to show my car. I don't mind doing it for charity but this is commercial. People can come to Glastonbury on Sunday and see my car for free.

14. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Happy Labor Day weekend eve boys. Just wondering if the Sunday morning ride to Craig's is still on, and if so who is planning on coming?

15. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Yes, the back road cruise to my place is still on. We will meet in Glastonbury and plan on leaving there about 10:30 for anyone that wants to come along. The weather forecast looks like sunshine and 80 at this point.:) I will be bringing route maps with turn by turn directions for those who iwill be joining us.

For those that don’t have to get back home right away and can hang out for a while, I will be firing up the grill and cooking burgers and hot dogs for everyone.

bman6074 likes this.
  16. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ethan and I plan to rally down with the group. The weather is looking good and we just filled up the 488 for the road trip. Should be fun.

17. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    How long is the drive? I have afternoon plans and want to participate but I need a time table.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Dean, I have the map of the route. It suggests 1 hr 16 min, so 2 1/2 hrs down and back.

19. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Dean, Maybe Craig wouldn't mind leaving Glastonbury a little earlier than 10:30 for those with afternoon plans. Last week when I left we agreed to meet at 9. I'll come at 9 and once everyone is present we can just shove off.

20. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    We can leave a little earlier, if that helps those with afternoon plans. If we leave at 10, we would arrive at my place about 11:15. If we leave at 10:30 we would get here about 11:45. Going back, you can take 9 north and the trip is only about 40 minutes back to Glastonbury. We can decide tomorrow morning. Leaving earlier means we might also run into less traffic on the roads. I plan on getting to Glastonbury about 9:15 tomorrow.

21. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'm going to participate. I might not be able to spend a lot of time at Craig's. ill try to be in Gbury earlier.

22. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Are wives invited to ride along? Not sure yet if she wants to. Brett's wife may tag along if other wives are going.

23. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'll be there about 9 ready to cruise

24. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'll be going solo.

25. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanx to Craig and his wonderful wife for their hospitality today. The only thing better than that delicious lunch was the awesome back roads ride he took us on!!! Thank you again Craig for the high point of my Labor Day weekend.