2018 price increases | FerrariChat

2018 price increases

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ajr550, Oct 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I am hearing that prices in all markets for cars (not options) are being raised by 7% from Jan 2018.
    Can anyone confirm ?

2. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    I'm in the UK and got a call from my dealer that my 488 on order has increased by 7% or about £12500/$16000.

It may be due to the devaluation of the pound against the euro but I hadn't heard it applies to other markets.

My response has been to revisit the options I selected and do some pruning. Hard to feel the love of all that carbon fibre..

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Cf wont make your car any faster, no more fun to drive. Doubt if you can get your cf money back on resale. Best of luck no matter what you decide.

4. 348Marky

348Marky Karting

Oct 10, 2006
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've not been in the market for a new Ferrari (& I may be showing my naivety here), but how is it when you've made a deal, placed an order, paid a deposit & the supplier can't fulfill the order for however long, you then have to stump up an additional 7% on it? Surely the price increase would apply to new orders only, not orders already in the pipeline? I assume the deposit is refundable in full should you not wish to proceed because of the increase?

5. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

The deposit is just like for any other car. It should be refundable for any reason until the order is locked.

Price increases will apply to any existing orders. If they are getting a 2018 car that they ordered in 2016, then they will be paying 2018 pricing, not 2016. 7% is a really significant jump for just a model year change. Does anyone know if they changed some options to become standard for 2018?

6. rjh88

rjh88 Rookie

Nov 8, 2017
    I live in Asia and got a mail from my dealer telling me the price of my 488 on order had gone up ~8k USD from the price when I placed the order and paid my ~50k deposit a few months ago. This doesnt appear to relate to Fx variations. Other public companies must envy Ferrari’s ability to adjust their bottom line performance so easily, though it will be interesting to see if this profit adjustment mechanism survives increased production volumes...