2018 Stoogefest May 19th at My Place | FerrariChat

2018 Stoogefest May 19th at My Place

Discussion in '348/355' started by vvassallo, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    The date has been set. Please RSVP with work and food/drinks you want to bring. No theme and the usual munchies. Fried turkey, etc. If you want to fry one, get it here early as the oil will be hot around 9AM. Volunteers are always welcome to help keep order. If you do bring food, please give yourself some time to set it up in my kitchen. The wife and I will be way busy on our own stuff. All Ferraris welcome, not just 348's and 355's. We have new pool equipment so it will be heated incase we want to toss his fatness in the drink to hose off the BBQ sauce. Anyone interested in a short drive around PV as part of the event?

Mmckee, oscar1 and DaisyCutter like this.
  2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yuuup got it

I'll bring something soon as I rekon my brain

:)

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    A box full of avocados if you still have them.

SoCal1 likes this.
  4. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    We'll see. I have the haas tree that may make it to then

5. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Count me in :)

6. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Lemme check my social calendar.......yep, I have an opening.....Unless Stormy calls back. See you guys there! Unless, of course, Stormy does call back.

Dave rocks and Surfari like this.
  7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    It's Bruce the human tripod, only guy I know who can sleep propped upright LOL

8. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    I want to rip out all my 90's hi-fi equipment but would prob be driving home without interior and a ketel. So I'm going to leave that as my fall project. I'll figure out something minor to fix instead.

Food: I can bring something healthy, or I can bring one of my regionally famous cheesecakes (or tiramisu, sticking with the Italian theme). I would just need ample refrigeration space.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cheesecake the way....

Surfari likes this.
  10. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Stormy coming to stoogapolusa bruce's treat...

11. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Last year we gave out the Ketel award not as a recognition of Ferrari ineptitude, but just the opposite. Seems we are all on our best behavior at Stoogefest for fear of doing a Henry. Luke, our newbie who changed his own crank position sensors, with supervision was awarded the Ketel for being a great sport. It looks as though the Ketel has a split personality. You could win it for being just that good or driving through my hedges. ;)

Frankly I think the crew just wanted a shot of tequila and needed to make up any excuse.

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I got the Ketel from Don F. before he moved. Now I have to find where I put it!
    I'll bring a turkey. Can bring a second one if you think that we need it.

I can also bring a 612 needing a timing belt and water pump change, but can that be done in a day?

13. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I have never done it under time pressure. I did a 348 engine in and out in 48hrs.

The 550 could be done but I know that car. The 612 has a piece of frame in the way that I think just unbolts...ask bruce. Im happy to help. If we did it in vinces garage then if it runs into sunday we got a place to work and not have to put all our stuff away.

Key would be to have all parts. Get water pump already new or rebuilt saves time. Have all hoses and fluids ready.gasket sealers etc.

Bruce would be a better judge if we could 1 day it. I would start at vinces early before people arrive. Plan for working sunday too but be happy if done saturday.

Could even consider dissassembly friday before southbay ferrari closes just in case some weird part is needed.

Im around thursday to sunday.

14. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Could probably be done in a day with a couple of guys if it's just a belt slap.
    BUT, keep this in mind:
    It's about 1/4 mile from the leading edge of the front bumper to the front of the motor. Who's tall with a good back?
    The car is huge. It might not fit in Vince's garage.
    There are a few hoses that are not only a *****, but prone to breakage, under the intake that may have to be disturbed. If there's an evap code, forget doing it in a day.

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    May be best to do it at my house at another time. Being under pressure is never a good idea and more than likely there will be some stupid little part that we need that no one thought of. Im sure Vince doesnt want my car in his garage for a week waiting for a part to show up.

I appreciate the collective brain trust but it is sounding like a better project for my garage without the time pressure.

There is always the possibility of Spring Stooge part 2 at my house for anyone interested. (not intended to take away from the Fall Stoogeapalooza)

16. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Well I guess you can bring a bottle of wax and just wax it...

17. Derekevan13

Derekevan13 Karting

Jun 9, 2017
    Hi Vince, we met at the Fast Cars event last year. I’ve heard a lot about Stoogefest and would love to bring my 348 up to PV from Redondo Beach to meet the other enthusiasts. Let me know where to go and what to bring! -Derek

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    There must be something in the water in the South Bay. It seems like we are all predisposed to buying 348's. I think I met you as well, Derrick. I was frantically trying to leave when it started sprinkling because I left my top at home haha.

Vince, I am definitely up for a lap around PV beforehand.

Derekevan13 likes this.
  19. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Once again guys I'm out, sorry. Ill be driving vintage cars at ridiculous speeds though Italy for the Mille Miglia.

Have fun.

20. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I'm telling you, one day we're gonna corral Craig before he gets booked! Have fun - so jealous.

Derek, I remember and all are welcome. Love to have you join the madness. You might have to wear a tin foil hat, but that's another story.

Peter, I thought we gave that Ketel to Luke. You sure you have it?

21. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    The 348/355 are so reliable, The Stooge Fest is becoming a BBQ cookout. What’s even better, it’s always entertaining when Yelcap and FBB are in attendance. But mostly, I like Plugit war stories. LoL

22. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    LOL just kidding guys. Don’t vote me off the island yet.

23. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke

24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Definitely got it from Don but I have to remember where I put it.

Don received the award for going shopping rather than showing up on time for Stoogefest.

25. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Oh man, that's right. what a Stooge! Did we etch his name on the cup? Maybe it needs to be in CAPS!