2019 Canadian: Pre-Race News | FerrariChat

2019 Canadian: Pre-Race News

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    DF1 likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Current component allocation allotment prior to the CanadianGP.

Green all across the board is good-->MB and Racing Point. Russel had to replace his ES and CE due to the Baku manhole cover incident.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/26845595/should-leclerc-trust-ferrari -
    Should Leclerc still have trust in Ferrari?

The Monaco Grand Prix marked the end of Mercedes' run of one-two finishes, but Lewis Hamilton still stood at the top of the podium after one of his most impressive performances in recent memory. Ferrari had another strange weekend, notably making a mess of Charles Leclerc's qualifying, but Canada appears to be a legitimate chance for the Italian team to inject some life into the championship fight.

We've assembled our F1 writers Nate Saunders and Laurence Edmondson and columnists Maurice Hamilton and Kate Walker to chew the fat over the main talking points from Monte Carlo.

william likes this.
  5. DF1

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/23019

Sebastian Vettel says he has yet to feel fully comfortable with Ferrari’s 2019 Formula 1 challenger, as his title hopes took another blow in Monaco.

Vettel has not taken a win since last August’s Belgian Grand Prix – a run of 14 grands prix – and has already slipped 55 points behind Lewis Hamilton in this year’s title battle.

No driver has ever recovered from such a deficit to become World Champion in the same season.

“I’ve had some difficult moments this year where I’m fighting the car,” said Vettel, who finished second in Monaco on a weekend in which he crashed in FP3 and hit the wall twice in qualifying.

“I’m not really entering yet to the level where I feel a lot more comfortable and I feel comfortable to squeeze out more performance from the car but I think it’s linked to the fact that we struggle to put our car in the right window.

“Once it is there, it is feeling better and you’re able to build up on that but it doesn’t happen very often but it’s a combination of things.

“I think first we are lacking overall performance and that overall performance would help us probably to put the tyres more often in the window they would like to be in.”

Vettel added that Ferrari needs to get itself into a position to at least be able to put Mercedes under pressure during races.

“I think it’s not been the easiest and straightforward ride so far but I feel that there’s more potential in this car, there’s more potential in the team,” he asserted.

“We need to stick together, we need to work hard and even if it would be nice to flip a coin and turn things around, probably for everybody’s sake except those two guys [Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas], it’s not going to happen overnight.

“We need to work hard and pay a lot of attention to small things, to details, in order to get closer and once we are matched I think we can put a lot more pressure on them.

“I will have a lot closer races but currently we are sitting too far away, behind Mercedes and probably a match on average with Red Bull is not where we want to be.”

6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari: Vettel and Leclerc on the simulator to get out of the SF90 crisis together

The two Cavallino titular pilots present in Maranello for the launch of the SF90 Stradale used the opportunity to both contribute to the development of solutions for the Canadian GP with a simulator session from which very interesting indications emerged.

They were both in Maranello for the launch of the SF90 Stradale, the first Ferrari hybrid in the history of the Cavallino capable of a thousand horses, just like the Formula 1 power unit. We are talking about Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc the two Scuderia drivers.

So far there is nothing strange: taking the name of the car that is running the GP for the last long-awaited supercar, Ferrari has wanted to point out what and how much the technology transfer from F1 to the cars of the series could be, so the presence of the pilots line-up was perfectly in line with the launch of the last Rossa.

The interesting aspect is, instead, that both Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc have then alternated in the Ferrari simulator working hard for the resolution of the configuration with which the SF90 will have to run in Canada, bearing in mind that the one in Montreal should be a favorable track to the characteristics of the Maranello machine, capable of excellent top speeds thanks to good aerodynamic efficiency at the expense of the downforce.

The two drivers were able to test the necessary mid-load aerodynamic package on the Notre Dame circuit on the "spider" and dedicated part of the session to understanding how to trigger the warm-up of the C3, C4, C5 tires, ie the same compounds more soft that have already been used in Monte Carlo.

The SF90 has its own Achilles heel precisely because it fails to make the tires work in the temperature window provided by Pirelli and according to the rumors various trim solutions with different heights and settings would have been "tried".

All this to say that in the heart of the Racing Department the controversies of the last few days have not shaken the Scuderia: Sebastian Vettel perfectly knows that the Principality's second place is a result of situations, because the Red in pure performance was inferior also to the Red Bull, while Charles Leclerc has erased from memory the disastrous Saturday of Monte Carlo that ruined his weekend in the home race, to focus on Montreal.

The presence of the two pilots in the simulator is proof of how they want to get out of the difficulties in Maranello as a group, in the belief that a victory could unlock a situation, not only technical but also psychological, very difficult ...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-vettel-e-leclerc-al-simulatore-per-uscire-insieme-dalla-crisi-della-sf90/4414259/&prev=search

daytona355, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    FoSA usually hosts a viewing party for the Canadian GP. Sometimes at The Velocity Lounge at COTA, sometimes at the dealership. Hope they do that this year.

Driving 80-90 MPH on the toll road is pretty nice.

J.K.P likes this.
  8. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Have they finished all the building work? (Or are they like my builders...late?)

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That would be cool, post the info if available.....but I go back up next Friday, the 7th..

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #11 william, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019

Wow, Renault !!!

So, Williams and Russell will in fact get penalised for the Baku manhole incident they were not responsible for?
    I would have thought the FIA would have given an exemption and not taken that into account.

jgonzalesm6, 375+, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [Crash.net]
    [F1i.com]
    [gpfans.com]

Binotto: Ferrari won't have a magic solution in Canada.

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. DF1

The aero concept limits of this car overall working against

13. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, the essential concept of the SF90 put Ferrari in a cul-de-sac from which there is no escape. Nothing SF can do until they revamp the whole car.

14. DF1

Be interesting to see it evolve. The next car is now dependent on refinements of the current machine.

Bas likes this.
  15. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think they'll reduce the rake to make the floor more flat to the track, like Mercedes. Ferrari has the straight line speed - the engine is better than Mercedes - but slow corners are rubbish.

Bas likes this.
  16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep...

When Max got into that Red Bull he outqualified Ricciardo in all years and his race pace was better than Ricciardo often. The only thing that cost him was unreliability and errors on his own part. When he erred that out last year post Monaco it's as if as a driver he became complete. And lets not take anything away from Ricciardo here, he outqualified Vettel (Vettel previously winning against all his teammates) and outraced him (significantly, and again Vettel did that against all his teammates previously). Ricciardo is no slouch and I still rate him top 3 of all current drivers.

But Verstappen, like it or not...is something else.

Read an interesting statistic the other day, post Monaco Max has finished ahead of at least 1 ferrari at all GP's since Japan last year!

daytona355 likes this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Funny, i watched an interview with Bottas the other way, when asked about the 3 best drivers he said:

Me, Elton ...pause...Charles...

kandi, jcurry and G. Pepper like this.
  18. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fingers crossed it'll be 2 mercs taking each other of in T1/2 then!

daytona355, stavura and jcurry like this.
  20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Yep, guaranteed surprise Ferrari victory. Stroll, rain and a groundhog will be partially involved. Sweet 16 victorious. ;)

daytona355, Sharknose, davem and 2 others like this.
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With both Mercs out if Ferrari still manages to lose the race with that massive speed advantage they'd better pack up and do a different business.

daytona355 and Isobel like this.
  22. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Careful Bas - Ferrari's strategists may read that as a challenge!

daytona355, furoni, Isobel and 3 others like this.
  23. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Not a bad seat Jim
    I am in grandstand 24
    Never sat there before
    And feedback weather this grandstand is good? Poor? Or just marginal?
    Speaking with a rep on the phone today for another issue and he told me the new paddock is complete and larger then life. He said it really looks impressive and all the other construction that was going on last year near the metro is finished too

jcurry likes this.