355 - 2019 E.O.S. | FerrariChat

355 2019 E.O.S.

Discussion in '348/355' started by F1ScuderiaTifosi, Aug 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    I had Reliable Carriers transport my girl for her engine out service. Edgar, the driver, was very professional and courteous. I really hope he'll be available for her delivery back home.

John at GMP Cars is the man taking care of my girl's engine out service. Besides the occasional 'beautiful day' drives, I advised him my intentions are to track my girl several times a year. I asked him to give her a really good inspection front and back so I'm aware of existing and/or potential issues we can address while my girl is on the lift. He's already pointed out a few things.

I'm having him install new aluminum radiators I sourced through Ricambi and new radiator fans (sealed motor) from Spal. I'm also having her valve covers, engine cover and air boxes refinished.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Whoever performed the engine out service last time (before I owned her) apparently ignored the amount of crud in the heat exchanger. This is obviously being replaced.

And it looks like the inner lining of the oil hose is beginning to deteriorate. This will be replaced as well.

Qavion likes this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Ferrari Part: 145040
    Description: Hose, Engine to Reservoir
    Table 18, Location 35

4. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
  5. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Did you transport from central Texas to California for the service?

6. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Yes I did. I used Reliable Carriers.

7. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    I used reliable this year as well. Took over two weeks across the country but no issues.

8. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Do you happen to have the part numbers on the radiators and fans? are do they mount like OEM are do you have to fabricate anything.
    Mine aren't leaking but they are have a few small spots of corrosion so i think i might replace them are my next major

9. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    Yup, I don't really mind the wait. I just want to make sure our baby is in good professional hands.

10. F1ScuderiaTifosi

Mar 16, 2015
    Hill Country TEXAS
    Full Name:
    JB
    From what I understand, these are all bolt-on components. You shouldn't have to fabricate anything. John installed them during our baby's EOS. He would have mentioned if fab work was involved.

I spoke to Daniel at Ricambi to source the aluminum radiators.

157589-AL RADIATOR RH-ALU (1/4 NPT DRAIN)
    157590-AL RADIATOR LH-ALU (1/4 NPT DRAIN)

I ordered the two SPAL fans on Amazon but I don't recall which vendor I sourced them from, sorry. I just know I got them for a good deal.

SPAL VA18-AP71/LL-59A 12 Volts (Puller) Cooling Fan

NOTE: I had the connectors removed from my old fans and had them spliced onto these new fans. There is another SPAL fan that already have the correct connector but I couldn't pass up the great deal knowing the connector just needed splicing. Easy peasy if you know what you're doing.