2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 73 | FerrariChat

2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Has everyone already forgotten about Multi-21? Did it them and obviously will continue to do as he desires.

2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ... Vettel is NOT good for Ferrari .... he's untrustworthy and a recalcitrant

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Nope, was just telling a few work mates about it last night at work. :(

4. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Exactly!!
    And if you’re paying your No 1 driver 13 times more than the No 2 who is out performing him, it becomes a little difficult from an internal team politics position. So you start making silly decisions to make someone look worth his wage. Happened a number of times last season too !!

5. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don’t give s **** about whether Vettel is a wanker or not.
    In my opinion he did the right thing staying out. He was clearly faster. And it’s exactly what MS would have done in those circumstances.
    The team ****ed up by leaving him out after LeClerc’s pitstop. That cost us the win, IMO.

kena likes this.
  6. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Vettel dove the first 15 or 20 laps like the Vettel of old.

If Ferrari can give him a car he’s comfortable in Chuck McCluck won’t see where he went.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Steve355F1 likes this.
  7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Big call!

8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He was shown up by Dan and now Chuck

He's a tool

9. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Vettel only went faster for the first 20 odd laps as he had clean air. You cannot follow cars closely for long as you lose aero and the car heats up, and shags your tyres. That’s why you don’t listen to the ****wits calling the race, most of who should know this as they are ex drivers eg Diresta!!
    Leclerc would’ve pulled the same gap if not more if he had the lead!!!
    Who was fastest all weekend, Vettel didn’t just pop a super man pill before the race.

Hocakes likes this.
  10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Another view.

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  12. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
  13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It would be nice to see him give an interview to 60 minutes if he ever gets better

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  15. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Let’s hope he gets better, atleast he appears to be improving!!

16. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    :D:D:D

17. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    He may get the stats Pap but he is not on the level of Schu.
    Michael did his best work in a team that had been in the wilderness for years.
    Hamilton on the other hand has followed the best teams of the day. I think Schumacher probably laud the ground work at Mercedes!!

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I know mate, I was only joking. :)

Michael is definitely the greatest of all time in my eyes also.

Although I am sure Senna would have given him a run for his money if he didn't crash and burn.

Lewis is just another case of the right place at the right time. He might go down in the history books by beating all of Michael's records, but we all know Michael was the greatest. :)

Its328 likes this.
  19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Mattia Binotto has said that Charles Leclerc needs to learn that certain things shouldn't be said over the radio during a race. At the Russian Grand Prix, Leclerc made it clear to the Formula 1 world that he was not happy with what had happened with Sebastian Vettel and the Ferrari team orders.

“I think there are some things that should not be said on the radio because at the end it would not have changed our decision, or it will only somehow increase the excitement of the race itself,” Binotto said to Channel 4.
    “There are times to say something and times not to say. I think in that respect he knows that he has to learn and the fact that he apologized means he understood.”
    Ferrari would like for those conversations to be kept internal as after the race there were many questions regarding team orders and whether Ferrari are prioritizing a certain driver.
    Ferrari will hope for a less political end to the season and that their drivers do the talking on the track.

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Max Verstappen believes he can go “two tenths quicker” than Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc if he had the same car as them.
    Red Bull currently find themselves playing third fiddle with a recent revival from Ferrari giving Mercedes the biggest headache as we enter the closing stages of the 2019 season.
    The frustration is building at Red Bull, and Verstappen felt that Leclerc’s pole position lap in Singapore showed him that he is not reaching his full potential.

“I personally feel that if I’m in the same car, I can go two tenths of a second faster than them,” Verstappen told Dutch publication De Telegraaf when asked about being quicker than Leclerc and also Hamilton.

“When I saw that lap [Leclerc’s Singapore pole] again, I thought ‘well, there really is some time to be gained there,’ I don’t want to sound arrogant, but as a driver you have to think you’re the fastest.”
    Verstappen also feels he has, at times, performed above what the Red Bull car is really capable of this season and is already losing hope of challenging for the 2020 title.
    “I think it’s clear that I sometimes overperformed this year,” Verstappen added.
    “People often think ‘well Red Bull are not that bad, that team is on the same level as the rest.’ In my opinion however, we are often a little further away than it seems.
    “Before Singapore, I thought we could compete for the world title next season. Maybe not anymore.
    “As a team, we must try to think further ahead than we already have. We are not where we need to be. We have not yet taken the steps needed to be competitive next year.”

24. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He's Dutch FFS, it's never his fault and he can do better than anyone else ..................... sounds like someone I know o_O

25. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    PP is Dutch??????