2019 GEORGIA TECH CAR SHOW! | FerrariChat

2019 GEORGIA TECH CAR SHOW!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Mar 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Once again, Georgia Tech is hosting its annual car show on campus, Saturday, March 30th.

I have been at this show every year and I find it one of the more enjoyable ones that I attend regularly. We used to have a lot of Ferrari participation but that has dropped off in recent years. You do not have to have an official affiliation with Tech (you register as a "fan") and there is no set entry fee, though they would appreciate some sort of donation.

And we won't have the sort of postponements we had with Italian Car Day. If it rains, the show moves to an adjacent parking deck - not fancy, but it gets the job done.

So please consider entering your car and coming to the show. If you don't have a car ready to enter, spectator admission is free. All the info you should need, including the registration form, is at http://www.gatechautoshow.com/.

4re308 likes this.
  2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    This really is a terrific show! I'll be there with my boys!

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you've been there before, check the website: the show will be in a different place on campus. Now you take 10th St off of I-75/85 and turn south onto State St onto the campus. The show lot is at the end of State St; I don't know where the spectator lot will be.

And if you are entering a car, you MUST register on the website in advance.

4. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I filled out a registration for my Dune Buggy. As I am not officially connected to the school, we shall see if I get in.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have no official connection, either. That's why they have the "fan" option when filling out your registration form. A dune buggy should fit right in!

6. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    They emailed and said see you Saturday, looks like I am in. I went to this show years with our race trailer and four Ferraris. Had a great time and met some great people. I have always wanted to go and now have something to take. I am excited to debut my dune buggy's pubic outing after four years of modifications.

4re308 likes this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you can get some of your people to bring some Ferraris, the more the merrier! Show originator Sterling Skinner is nuts about Ferraris - that's why he started opening the show to "fans".

4re308 likes this.
  8. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Sterling had a dune buggy at the show I went to, one of the reasons I am bringing mine. I haven't spoken to him in many years. Glad to know he is still involved.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I don't think he's the show's head honcho anymore, but he is still involved and still very enthusiastic.

Wade, were you at the show the year that Franco Cimatti was the guest speaker? His talk then was about the "packaging" of the 612, which he was responsible for. I've been telling Sterling that we need to get him back over here to give another talk, because he's basically the guy who designed the innovative all-wheel-drive system in the FF and the GTC4Lusso! It's a unique situation that one of Ferrari's chief engineers is a Georgia Tech grad, and we need to make the most of that situation.

10. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I do remember Franco being there. Interesting guy and a wealth of knowledge.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff