2019 Indy Car | Page 10 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm curious to know as well. I was watching NBC on antenna and before the switch used an online stream. The stream showed no break at all in commentary other than announcers just saying something like "welcome to CNBC" so I'm assuming it was the same way on cable TV.

Pretty lame for local news to get priority. I've seen them run over time on 11PM local news and a live new episode of Saturday Night Live get cut or other new TV shows for Sunday night as well...very frustrating for junk news to do that.

2. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    What a screw up. Neither nbcsn or cnbc carried the race in my area. Nbcsn carried the hockey pre game broadcast.

3. Are you referring to just the overtime of the race? The race was on plain ol' NBC (same as today) and only switched to CNBC at 5:58 (eastern). NBCSN had hockey scheduled all along(I didn't think there's different versions of the big networks Sports Networks (Fox, NBC, CBS, etc>) for different locales.... Did you try NBC at scheduled race time?

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I don’t get the complaints, race was delayed due to rain/lightning and ran long, up against local news and a Stanley cup game...I’d move it too ;)

lorenzobandini likes this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Way too many cautions right now in this race...

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    action right now is great.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Yeah. And invisible!:rolleyes:

8. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The action has been fantastic but the season long broadcasting issues are getting really annoying.

lorenzobandini and GuyIncognito like this.
  9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it's pretty amazing that they keep having these problems.

lorenzobandini and RWatters like this.
  10. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Red flag. Oh boy.

I don't see Ganassi keeping Rosenqvist. Way too many crashes.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Sigh...another stop in racing action. Can't wait for Texas on Saturday.

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    remember Nicholas Minassian? he only lasted 1/3 of a season IIRC.

13. I don't either. Contract are contracts. I don't want anybody breakin' any with me either..... :shrug:

'Least they had somewhere to move it to as opposed to not.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As somewhat of an Indycar outsides....the format is quite difficult to follow!

Looking at the schedule, some races are held on a Sunday (I'm on board with that!), some races are on a Saturday...then I see this weekend there was a race on both Saturday and Sunday?!

Is it like this every year? A very confusing format for someone to try and get into this...

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Dual in Detroit is 2 races every year. Saturday races are night other than Indy GP.

Bas likes this.
  16. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Saturday races are typically at night.

Most races are on Sunday.

Detroit is the only double header of the year IIRC.

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    It's obvious the video feed has their favorite drivers.
    Lots of racing was NOT broadcast, while the commentators were whining about Will Powers' bad luck. :rolleyes:

They can blather all they want, as the commentary is nearly worthless.
    But when they focus the cameras on back markers instead of passes, they're not covering the race.

Strange that they had more crashes in the dry than in yesterday's wet race.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    thanks guys

19. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Used to watch the San Jose (CA) GP live. With Indy in Portland next 5 years, we're going again this Labor Day weekend. I'm enjoying the racing the past couple of years. NASCAR is dead. F1 time zones are tough and why watch when you hear who won at 8 am while sipping coffee...

Always liked Kanaan. Still has fight in him against the younger guys. And Sato wins occasionally lol

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    My interest--passion really--for F1 is waning and I haven't watched a NASCAR race in years, but my interest in Indycar has been rekindled. The pre-race broadcasts are a waste of time, all hype and no substance. To be honest many of the race venues are less than first rate. The biggest drawback for me on the road/street courses are the many extended yellow flag periods. Who wants to spend 10 minutes watching corner workers sweeping up debris--2 or 3 times a race? The racing is quite good however, the cars are more raw than F1 and in many respects more difficult to drive. Rossi and Newgarden look like the real deal. From his antics in F2 Ferruccci sounds like a little **** but the kid has chops. Fine result yesterday by Ericsson.

21. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    The feed is the same. It tends to go silent for the commercial breaks but with the video still showing the race. Although I have seen "broadcast will resume shortly" messages which may be a new thing. The end going to CNBC was unfortunate. As someone who tapes the races to watch later, sans commercials, I just managed to catch that and watch. But yes, you can call up all the practice, qualifying, and race sessions on the Gold package.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    curious which venues you think are less than first rate (and why)

23. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Since Skysports has been showing Indycar in the UK this year (mostly in primetime given the time zones) I've been keeping on eye out on what people in Europe are saying about Indycar on twitter and it's been about 75 to 80% positive. The comparisons between F1 and Indycar come up all the time and Indycar is winning the battle. The words "excitement", "real racing", "passing", "F1 needs to take notes" these type of comments are very prevalent. Of course you get the F1 diehards saying Indycar has all the same cars, the technology is not existent....etc. but they're in the minority. I think this was a big move for Indycar to land Skysports and more importantly every race is broadcast live in the evening hours.

BMW.SauberF1Team and gt4me like this.
  24. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Detroit races were entertaining and I'm looking forward to Texas this weekend. Happy to see Ericsson get a podium, he's been doing well this year just making a small mistake here and there. Agreed about Rosenqvist, Chip pursued him for a long time and everyone thought he was automatically the rookie of the year, he's made a lot of mistakes and Chip usually doesn't tolerate crashing very long.

The one thing I do wish is that they could figure out a way to shorten the yellows. I know the reasons for them being longer (field bunching, pitting, temporary wall repair, etc) however they seem to be taking longer and longer.

25. Thank you....just the info I was lookin' for. 'Appreciate it muchly. :)