2019 Indy Car | Page 12 | FerrariChat

2019 Indy Car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    NBC's coverage of this race was pretty bad. Seemed like all the action on track happened during commercial break.

I don't think they ever got footage of Newgarden's pit stop as it's not in their race highlights. It shows him taking the lead when Dixon pits, but never shows his own pit later on and getting back on track.

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    After the commercial break, they did have a brief replay of Newgarden in the pit box -- but nothing on pit-in or exit.
    It didn't look like they particularly short-fueled him. The fueling still took longer than the tire change.

3. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    IIRC PT was the only driver that came out and said "I don't know what everyone's talking about, I was fine"......I'm sure just bravado but was hoping they'd mention that during the race.

Really enjoying this season and must say I now greatly, greatly prefer IndyCar to F1, taking my daughter to Friday practice at Road America (can't make the race Sunday), 7 years old and will be her first IndyCar experience, can't wait!!

RWatters, pilotoCS and GuyIncognito like this.
  4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    His contract with Andretti expires this season. I'd love to see him get another chance in F1. The guy is a racer's racer.

blkfxstc likes this.
  5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    It was rumored he would replace Pagenaud at Penske until Simon went out and won the 500....

will be interesting to see where Rossi ends up. only seat that would be an improvement over where he is now (other than Penske) would be Rosenqvist's seat at Ganassi.

6. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I think he's stay with Andretti rather than go to Ganassi, but Penske woukd be better, obviously.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  7. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    THIS IS RACING ;)

GuyIncognito and Jack-the-lad like this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Rossi is schooling Herta at the moment....out-balls'ed him at the first corner and walked away.

9. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Rossi is schooling everyone, 8 second lead.........lol.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I love this track. Doesn't have ugly 747 runway width straights and runoff areas and still allows lots of great places for passing with nice natural landscaping in the background. Looks like fun.

Nembo1777 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Announcer concern trolls bleating for FCY because of a rock. They just want to bunch the field so Diffey can shout more....

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It's a great track. Too bad there will never be another one like it again. Kudos to the track owners and operstors...and IndyCar....for keeping it alive.

Nembo1777 and Sharknose like this.
  13. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Master Class by Rossi.

Haas needs to hire this guy....nice back door to Ferrari, too.:)

blkfxstc likes this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Hope Rossi stays in Indy. He won't have a shot at a win in F1 as long as Mercedes stays. Fantastic racing today.

Nortonious likes this.
  15. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    DAMN....
    DAMN...
    DAMN....
    I got so excited watching I jumped up, fired up the 355 and went for a 20 mile drive ..........
    Missed the end of the race :(
    Top down 8000 rpm, it was worth it.
    I hope I recorded the race.........lol.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  16. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    that was a thorough ass whopping by Rossi.

I hope he stays in Indy...as said above, he deserves to win, not talk about "working hard to get in the points".

Nortonious, pilotoCS and Jack-the-lad like this.
  17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I hope he gets to do anything he wants to do. He's earned that. Out year at Andretti, so I hope he has lots of options.

Here's a wild card: MBz takes him to replace Bottas.:confused: A star driver from their biggest market. You're welcome, Toto.....:D

blkfxstc likes this.
  18. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Mercedes sells ~ twice as many cars in China as the US, and nobody here cares about F1, so I doubt that would happen.

and I don't see Rossi playing second chair after his success in Indycar.

but yes, he's earned any seat he wants.

19. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Yeah, I keep forgetting about Chinese driving around in MBz....:D

Still, I think F1 is an itch he wants to scratch again.

20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I hope the F1 stewards, the one's who kvetch about "avoidable contact" watched the Road America race. If they were in charge, Herta would have been penalized a bunch.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  21. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yep. I rewatched some of yesterday's IndyCar race. Rossi's dominance was impressive and the racing overall was very enjoyable. Scott Dixon did some great work advancing through the field.

Now if only the commercials weren't there!

22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It's interesting that you point this out. My reaction is, even with the US broadcast of F1 being without commercials, it still SUCKS in comparison to IndyCar. What's even MORE remarkable . . . I loathe Leigh Diffey and IndyCar is STILL a thousand times better than F1 this season. Wow . . . I never thought I would feel this way.

Nortonious likes this.
  23. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I cannot argue with any of this. I look more forward to IndyCar races. Heck, I find myself looking more forward to next year's COTA IndyCar and MotoGP than this fall's F1 race. At least Le Mans was a Tifosi bright spot.

Sharknose and GuyIncognito like this.
  24. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Just an FYI. Robin Miller said on local Indianapolis radio a few days back that the Alonso full time to Andretti next year isn't dead. This is coming from other drivers who Alonso had conversations with. I guess there are two head honchos at Honda that are messing with this going down, not just the top guy. That's why you're hearing Andretti switching to Chevy rumors lately, it's all about Alonso. In other words, don't buy that he's not interesting running full time in Indycar.

375+ likes this.
  25. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    IMO Andretti switching to Chevy (and be the second chair team to Penske) to appease Alonso would be a big long term mistake.

would probably also guarantee no shot at getting Rossi to sign a new deal either.