2019 Portofino Nav and Rear Camera not working | FerrariChat

2019 Portofino Nav and Rear Camera not working

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by John Wollman, Sep 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Wollman

John Wollman Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    I bought a gently used 2019 Portofino about a month ago (2,600 miles). The rear view camera and nav were not working at the time of purchase. The service department diagnosis was a faulty NIT. They ordered the part and it came in last week. It didn't fix the problems (both Nav and camera still not working). They said it might be a software problem, but this doesn't make much sense to me (if it was a software problem, it would effect all Portofino's). They are now looking at the wiring. My question: has anybody heard of a systemic problem with the Nav/Rear camera? Thanks!

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Have they tried a full power down and restart of the electrical system? Disconnect the battery then reconnect?

SV

3. John Wollman

John Wollman Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    Thanks. I appreciate it. I’m not sure if they tried that but will ask. Has that resolved similar problems in the past for you?

4. devet4

devet4 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Do you have CarPlay? My ‘20 Porto has an issue sometimes with a black screen when reversing if I plug in my phone before I start to drive. Dealer told me it’s a software problem.

5. John Wollman

John Wollman Rookie

Sep 3, 2020
    I don’t have CarPlay (wish I did!). However, it turns out the issue was software related. The factory sent a software upgrade and everything is now working.

whatheheck and russellmcg like this.
  6. russ

russ Rookie

Jan 6, 2010
    I had same issue with my 2019 Portofino. Solution was to replace the LVDS cable. Now works fine