2019 Pre Season thread: Developments, News etc | Page 20 | FerrariChat

2019 Pre Season thread: Developments, News etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes confirms that it will continue in Formula 1 until 2025

The president of Daimler AG certifies the commitment of the brand with the Grand Circus

Mercedes plays a decisive role in the negotiations of the regulation 2021

[​IMG]

Mercedes will continue in Formula 1 at least until 2025. Ola Källenius, the president of Daimler AG, company to which the German brand belongs, rules out the possibility that they will leave the category reigns at the end of 2020.

The successor of Dieter Zetsche, Ola Källenius, has advanced part of the long-term plans of Mercedes, as it has ensured that the brand will continue in Formula 1 at least until 2025, according to the Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport.

The German team is in one of its best moments after winning the last five world titles. This year they have achieved six victories and five doubles in the six races that have been played to date and have shown their superiority with respect to Ferrari. In addition, the Germans will embark this year on a new sports project, the Formula E.

The continuity of Mercedes was not clear due to the doubts that Toto Wolff had about the budgetary ceiling desired by Liberty Media, but the confirmation on the part of Källeniuis will make Mercedes have a decisive role in the configuration of the new regulations that will take effect from of 2021.

This news comes just after it was rumored the possibility that Toto Wolff became the new executive director of Formula 1 from 2021, since in 2020 he ends his contract with the German squad. However, the Austrian has recently confessed that he is satisfied in front of Mercedes and has insisted that he does not want to change jobs.

The continuity of Mercedes would allow Hamilton to continue with the German team with the regulatory change, as the Briton has assured that he wants to make the team the most successful of all time and is determined to win the titles of the next five years.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://soymotor.com/noticias/mercedes-confirma-que-seguira-en-formula-1-hasta-2025-964722&prev=search

william likes this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The death knell of Formula 1, RIP.

crinoid likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I wish they'd **** off and ruin another sport.

stavura, dflett, fil and 1 other person like this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Good.

I feared they'd run away without giving us time for the rematch.

ATBNM3, DF1, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am very happy to hear that; that made my day.

That leaves at least 5 good years for the other teams to Watch and learn how F1 is supposed to be done !!!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Dislike button...

Bas and stavura like this.
  7. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I’m glad they are staying. Throw out the simulators, allow in season testing and don’t allow Pirelli to keep changing tire formulations yearly.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

F1 is stronger with them. Winning or not. No other makers appear to be coming either

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wishing MB gone is an ostrich sticking his head in the sand. Ferrari should be winning because they are the best not because the strong competitors left. Otherwise you'll end up with something like the IRL where nobodys can win the Indy500.

ATBNM3, amerikalei, WPOZZZ and 2 others like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't want Mercedes gone really, but I want their influence to disappear.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If one looks at it logically and impartially, right now, F1 needs Mercedes more than Ferrari.

Ferrari hasn't won a championship for the last 11 years and has been beset by internal problems for that period.

Mercedes has won 5 WCCs and 5 WDCs in the last 6 years, and set itself as a benchmark in F1.

Mercedes is the face of F1 now.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I wouldn't go that far. Ferrari has the myth and cachet.

MB is a 1980ies McLaren by another name.

classic308 likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lol, are you being sarcastic again?

kes7u and stavura like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Nope.

I am sure that by now Liberty has realised which side its bread is buttered and come to the same conclusion.
    As part of the new agreement, Liberty should consider ending the 95M$ preferential historic payment to Ferrari, as well as the veto right.
    Mercedes is now the leading force in F1, and more deserving of special attention.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ffs.
    you just exist on this forum to always say the complete opposite don't you?

stavura likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No, I mean what I say.
    Several people on this forum share my opinions.
    I am probably interested in F1 from different reasons than you are.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Myth and cachet don't seem to bring GP wins.

18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't agree with this heritage payment crap, but Merc is such a juggernaut with incredible resources. How can any team compete?

Bas and william like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I can't answer that question, but there are several possibilities.
    Another carmaker could take up the challenge.
    A budget limit could reduce Mercedes advantage.
    A new formula may come where Mercedes isn't dominant anymore.
    Mercedes may leave because of lack of opposition.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While I don't agree with the idea that MB is the new Ferrari, you might actually have a point:

Liberty could be dumb enough to ignore Ferrari's long standing history with the sport and its #1 status in the car manufacturing world. I can actually imagine that somebody who is stupid enough to toss the grid girls aside might actually cut Ferrari's extra bonus and get them to leave the sport in protest. In fact they might actually be proud to do that. "Showing Ferrari who is boss" and all that crap. It could happen.

21. DF1

I don’t care about either quality lol. Neither lends itself to good racing. Well executed concepts and good FIA/ Liberty management in the ideal would be nice. I know all is not possible given political “realities “ within view of the major team influence

william likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A Ferrari departure from F1 would kill the race promoters, half of the seats would be empty.

stavura, Bas and crinoid like this.
  23. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    Good, I want Mercedes to stay. Ferrari needs to continue to be embarrassed and exposed. In order to be THE MAN you need to beat THE MAN. No excuses. Either Ferrari shapes up or accepts being a "Manchester United" - an organization that once was prestigious and filled with unbridled success... now an organization that lives in the past with its laurels, and makes mistake after mistake.

william likes this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No. Mercedes Factory team came to F1 after decades of no factory team. They’re Johnny Come Lately’s.

stavura and Bas like this.
  25. DF1

Exactly why I dont care if Ferrari leave. They are not at all F1 for me. A favorite to watch but not the defining quality of F1 at all. In total they have a history in F1. .They are not F1. For others they can have 'hero team' worship. I refuse to have no part of that. Please bring good racing. I dont care about the team name...at all.

william likes this.