2020 911S | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2020 911S

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by msdesignltd, Nov 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    nah, a properly optioned gransport, z06, or zr1 are sports cars where performance takes precedent over comfort

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    But hardy anybody buys it - 911 outsells it by 10 to 1

3. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny

exactly! because 911 is a comfort based gt while evora is sports car. people say they want sports cars but dont buy them

Island Time likes this.
  5. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    No manual transmission? Ferdinand is spinning in his grave.

Porsche lost me in 1996 when they hired a Japanese firm to show the factory how to assemble cars faster and cheaper.

And they did.

IMHO

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thats cuz we mostly drive them on the road not the track - Now that Chinese own Lotus watch that brand get more softer

7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I wasn't too happy with that Japanese firm either. They were responsible for those ulgy headlights and they saved money using them on both the 911 and Bosster. Also a couple other dumb ideas I don't recall. But I have got over it now and still think Porsche listens better to their fan base than most auto manufactures. Most all the manufactures want to tell you what you should like rather than taking at least somed customer input. IMO

8. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I think it looks fantastic, inside and out. The taillight in particular I think is very clean and sharp looking.

I had a silver 997 coupe with a stick shift for a few years and loved the heck out of it. Favorite car I've ever owned.

Looks like we'll have to wait for GT3 for a stick shift though....... which I guess makes it more special.

I'm sure future 911's will be electric only.... or hybrids at the very least.... but man I hope they ALWAYS make a n/a version with a stick shift for the purists out there.