2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 15 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    No, because the risk of a complete sketch is too big at the moment... :( We don't know anything about the final design of the car at the moment and try to understand some of the details.

polishhammer83 and Jonathan19 like this.
  2. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    It was the same with the Monza SP1/2. But at the clay model, there was still a single nut central fixing.

3. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #353 ohno, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    anunakki likes this.
  4. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Well, the Monza is based on a F12/812 chassis and the wheel hub is the same. But the BD is LF based… why do they opted for a 5 fixs solution?

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Self persuation

ingegnere likes this.
  6. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    I personally don’t see the resemblance, the rest of the car hints at a classic Ferrari P series design

7. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    :D

8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Agreed. Personally it reminds me of the P80/C (less extreme).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

dido19888, Jonathan19 and 9nb like this.
  9. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    From the rear: Yes, the back bases more on the 330 P4.

10. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    In all seriousness you really believe this story, that LdM did not know what P4 was :D I can't really buy this, LdM know most if not all the important Ferrari, you understand he turned this company to gold including the F1 team. Also this guy was with Ferrari for long time. So a film producer came to Italy and learned LdM and Ferrari about their own history :D

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes, it was when Jim wanted his P4/5 Pininfarina design to still have a Ferrari badge. The Ferrari guys had to explain what a P4 represented to LdM when he saw the P4/5 car. THEN he gave his approval and said "this is a Ferrari".

12. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    So you where there? How do you know this story? Do you know LdM? Have you ever read up on him? I strongly doubt that LdM did not know what Ferrari P4 represented and someone had to tell him. This just some story like from crazy cinema movies.

From my understanding Jim bought used wrecked Enzo that he then wanted to make on-off P4/5 when he asked Pininfarina to build this for him. Remember he did not ask Ferrari to make this car. So Ferrari did not make any money on this project, or I think even know about this project. He got Pininfarina to redesign the Enzo and make the new car. Remember Pininfarina is just design agency not part of Ferrari.

For him to use their brand name (trademark) and get the blessing from Ferrari to rename this car from Enzo to P4/5, the car from Ferrari history this meaning Jim would make the money on the value of the car. So I think that it was more if they should let him use the Ferrari brand name + rebrand the car from Enzo to P4/5. Do you think Ferrari have let Pininfarina name other project + on-off cars from Pininfarina Ferrari without Ferrari involvement?

I think LdM was very nice to let Jim use the Ferrari brand name on this car.

Also the later years I have seen Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus cars based on Ferrari like 430 Scuderia (with Ferrari P4 design) + SCG logo/shield almost like Ferrari shields ++

Scuderia is Italian and means stable, I dont think Jim is from Italy or have any family roots from Italy strange use this if not want to be like Ferrari.

13. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the donor enzo was brand new. not a wreck.

14. michalp

michalp Rookie

Nov 17, 2015
    It was his 1967 Ferrari P3/4 that was wrecked at LeMans. He thought he bought a good replica but found LeMands scruiteneering Mark's on the chassis. Ferrari said that car was destroyed and the parts he had were stolen from a scrap yard. Ferrari refused to authenticate his p3/4. His P4/5 project was completely seperate and based of his own Enzo bought new from Ferrari.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  15. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yeah you right

16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, as far as I know, the P4/5 Competizione never had the Ferrari badge. That's when the SCG brand was born.

456-boy likes this.
  17. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Speaking of Jim’s beautiful P4/5, Ammo NYC who is a detailer, recently uploaded a video of detailing it for Pebble Beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NürScud, Tackleberry and of2worlds like this.
  18. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    It would appear that all Jims "claims" are just that, "claims", I have yet to see any of them ever actually corroborated independently by the party he states actually made them, be that in relation to his replica P4 or his self named P4/5.

Both great cars regardless but just like the use of the faux "Scuderia" and the shields, he seems to feel the need to form a link to Ferrari and Italy rather than simply allowing all the cars to stand scrutiny on their own unique pedestal.

So since this post was made in March 2019 has anything actually officially come out of Ferrari in relation to a homage F40 or is it all still just pure speculation with no basis in fact.

technom3 and Senshi458 like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Vidéo by Varryx

20. bmagni

bmagni Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Bruno
  21. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    turns out it was a 330p4 based homage on the laferrari chassis. Dunno why the f40 came up

22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Looks to have beautifully rounded surfaces like its inspiration, the P4.

23. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Another fchatter speccing his 812C at the factory has called it the P330.