2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Let’s see…The Countach is 2.1 m EUR + taxes as far as I know. Which in Europe means more than 2.5m all-in, almost 3 million dollars
    I personally think it is very hard to place 500 cars at that price. Also don’t forget that in Europe LaFs are changing hands at 2.1-2.5m EUR depending on mileage and the more rare Apertas are now just over 3m.

Lamborghini did just over 100 Countach and despite people telling you it is all sold out, it was possible to get a car on the day of the presentation. The Valkyrie Spider is a much more advanced car yet every collector I know was offered one of the 85 cars and you didn’t have to be am AM VIP client. Most of the coupe owners turned the car down. And the Valkyrie is 3m EUR+tax

It all depends on two things in my view: (1) production numbers and the (2) chassis used. I think Ferrari would keep Icona 2 numbers similar to those of the SP1/2, i.e. 499 and this probably means a more expensive car than the SP1/2 which was 1.5m EUR before extras, but probably not 60% more. If the car is based on a production model I would be surprised if it is materially more than a SP1/2. If it is based on the LaF (or even LaF Aperta) then we are talking very different ballgame but again I doubt they’d make it more expensive than an original LaF. This will probably happen when the LaF successor is launched

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

dpw98 likes this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Or maybe all that is just BS...

456-boy likes this.
  3. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    That’s indeed much probable, until it is officially revealed with all its secrets.

REALZEUS likes this.
  4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Or maybe they are able to implement new technologies and solutions (like redesigned pistons and new lightweight components as they did for the F12tdf and 812C) on a more powerful version of the current V12 before making a full transition to the next-gen engine.

After all, we know, according to Leiters and Galliera, that Ferrari is currently working on a new, more powerful V12 engine. Some of the ideas they came up with to achieve that goal might be ready for production and find their way under the hood of the upcoming Icona.

polishhammer83 and 456-boy like this.
  5. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I agree with everything you said except for the increase from SP1/SP2. As you have already mentioned in one of your earlier posts Monza was a rather obscure early model and I think Ferrari was testing the waters with starting the Icona with the Monza. The P4 is a proper heavy hitter model to base an Icona on. Add on top the LaFerrari Chassis minus the hybridisation (and weight penalty) with a 812C engine.
    If the P4 Icona is real and has all the elements we are discussing then $2.5-$3.0mm price range seems realistic to me and Ferrari will have people linning up all the way from Maranello to LA :)

456-boy, jpalmito and 9nb like this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I really doubt that they will utilise LaFerrari's carbon chassis, but what do I know? :p

456-boy likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Revisiting this all they need to do now is add a revised front bumper, a vented fender and a large rear wing to an F8 for a cool F40 Tributo.

8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Not to forget that the Monza is a « simple » 812SF with a few more hp and a very modified body - but engine and chassis are quite the same, and development costs were then limited.

Making a new Icona with an existing chassis - the LaF’s one - but removing the hybridation and adding a more modern engine - the 812C’s one - requires much more development and costs, it’s not as easier as for the Monza and it’s not doing a simple Lego.

If this assembly of « existing » elements is the real recipe, I won’t be surprised that Ferrari charges 2 to 2.5M€ for this kind of Icona.

polishhammer83 and F140C like this.
  9. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Maybe it’s what they are doing on a SP car?

10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    To the contrary the more I think about it the more sense it makes if the next Icona is P4 based but what do I know :D

11. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    agreed, the Monza was extremely expensive and some clients changed their mind on it

I can see this being the most expensive production ferari by quite a margin

the competition at this potential price (valk, boldie, etc) doesn't matter as ferrari is ferrari

12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Mule based on a LaF recently spotted by Simone Masetti (Instagram):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Might be a mule of the Icona 2, if rumors are true about being based on a LaF platform.

13. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Does it have a yellow triangle on the side denoting the presence of electrical equipment? If not then it could be Icona 2 (or something else). If there is, it is definitely the LaF successor.
    Also am I right to say this looks like a LaF Aperta chassis?

456-boy and 9nb like this.
  14. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    From this angle it doesn’t show any yellow triangle, not even on the front hood.

And you’re right, it’s a LaF Aperta base, not the LaF coupé.

Go Icona 2, go!

15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    456-boy and Jonathan19 like this.
  16. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    What we know for “sure“ (2nd Icona):

- Mid-Engine Sports Car
    - V12 (based on 812 Competizione), no hybrid
    - Chassis based on LaFerrari (Aperta)
    - Optically inspired by 330 P4, more Aero-parts (Spider?)
    - Debut at Finali Mondiali in November (no special Event?)
    - Price between 2,5 and 3 Million Dollar

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Apart from the debut which Mr Massini confirmed, none of these are sure from my standpoint. Who confirmed them?

Don’t get me wrong,it would be very exciting if true (although I very much doubt we will see a run of 500 cars priced at 2.5-3m) but i haven’t seen anything other than speculation on this forum

18. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    would ferrari go p4 tribute so soon after mr g did his with pinninfarina on the enzo? might not turn out so well for factory in comparison. i hope its f40 tribute to compete with new countach

ross likes this.
  19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    But an F40 icona could only use a V8 twin turbo, not a V12....seems there the next Icona will be V12?

20. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The V12 production line needs more V12 to produce, it can’t simply build 812 GTS engines and a few 812C and 812CA engines (assuming the Monza is almost finished).

Regarding this point there is no doubt that next Icona will be V12 powered.

And about its design, some details from the P4 have already been taken, the back of the 812C. So inspiration sources could be totally different, and iconic historic models are numerous.

willcrook likes this.
  21. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    willcrook and jpalmito like this.
  22. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Perhaps this model
    Very good arguments for the V12! The V12 production line must be fully utilized. And of course design inspiration can come from other vehicles too. Manzoni and Ferrari will never do a pure retro design based on just one model.

23. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #223 ohno, Sep 10, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    English translation: “There are no plans for the V12 mid engine other than hypercars or the Icona series.“ (Source: autopareri.com)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jonathan19 and 456-boy like this.
  24. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Seems to contradict what day355 indicates ...

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

red passion likes this.