2020 Portofino | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2020 Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bmcginn, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    We ordered the full ADAS without the 360 degree camera. If this car was going to be more of a daily driver we probably would have gotten the camera.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! Beautiful car!

3. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Thank you.

4. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Congratulations. Can you post your specs if you dont mind?

Ferrari newbie...Portofino

5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
  6. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Sorry I meant configuration. Not sure if you thought pics

Ferrari newbie...Portofino

7. dr_genious

dr_genious Karting

Dec 20, 2017
    Lucerne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sven
    I had mine lowered with the factory springs, same look and also improved ride...

8. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Thank you.

9. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Like most of you, I’ve been a car guy pretty much all my life. With that as a backdrop, I want to relate a story that happened a couple of days ago. After a long drive on our favorite road we stopped for a coffee. After we sat down, a young man named Ben (he told me he is 6 years old) came up to me and asked if that is my Ferrari that’s parked across the street. He said he loves Ferraris, but has never actually seen one. I asked him if he’d like to see it and he beamed this huge smile. His father said he’d like to see it as well. So as the three walked over to the car, I opened it up, and Ben jumped in. He asked a ton of questions while his father took a lot of photos...it made my day. It doesn’t matter how old you are, a car guy is a car guy.

Garymyman, IloveGT, tomc and 10 others like this.
  10. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Loved this story! That was me and my story at the same age. You have no idea how you influenced that kid that day. It became a life goal for me to get a Ferrari. It took 46 more years but I did it!

IloveGT, tommygun64 and dolphins08430 like this.
  11. Megafred

Megafred Rookie

Jun 24, 2018
    I could order ADAS only in combination with the 360 surround cam, 10k together (Germany)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tommygun64 likes this.
  12. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    What was the cost of the full ADAS without camera?

Would this option that I see on a car be only camera OR camera and lane change assist ?-
    Advanced Front Driving Camera ADAS - $3881

13. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Anyone ???

14. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    I have the prices in Euros.
    I believe the above description and price are not right and do not much.
    I will write what I have.

rear/parking camera PAC1 1936 E

360 camera (MIR3 obligatory with ADAS) SURR 4356 E

ADAS (FCAM+ACC1+BRAD+MIR3) ADAS 6534 E

advanced front camera for lane assist FCAM 1488 E
    front radar with adaptive cruise control and pedestrian detection ACC1 3473 E
    rear radar with 'blind corner" detection BRAD 1984 E
    electrochromatic side mirrors MIR3 968 E

so a nice 1379 E discount if you order together the ADAS package instead of every component apart (FCAM+ACC1+BRAD+MIR3)

The thing that you mention (Advanced Front Driving Camera ADAS - $3881) does not fit the ADAS price that I have.
    My guess is that the price of $3881 fits better the "front radar with adaptive cruise control and pedestrian detection ACC1 3473 E" option.
    Of course I can't be 100% sure; it might be that European and US options are very different.

Anyway, I hope I helped a little bit.

15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #40 rocketman, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Thank you.... Appears that the information has not been well sorted yet and doesn't seem like the dealership is too knowledgeable either.

I have been told that I can only order either the entire ADAS package or these 3 bundled items ( electrochromatic mirrors, front and rear cameras, and back radar ) in order to get the lane change assist (blind spot detection).

The thing I mentioned (Advanced Front Driving Camera ADAS - $3881) is a stand alone item I saw on the window sticker of a car that was already delivered ??

16. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #41 tommygun64, Nov 7, 2019
    I would think that at least the 4 letter/number codes would be universal.
    But that ADAS $3881 does not fit at all. Unless the dealer took some liberties and used that himself as a description which happens to be the same as the official code too...
    I believe that the description that I got (and paid :) ) is very accurate ADAS =(FCAM+ACC1+BRAD+MIR3) , 4letter code ADAS.
    Maybe the price is not everywhere the same, but that is another story.

Normally the dealer should give you a printed page with the official list of all the options with their codes and their price.
    In September 2018 I had been given one with the 2019 options which stayed the same until May 2019; and in June I had been given the 2020 options list.
    It is November now, I find difficult to believe that an official dealer does not have the official list of the 2020 options.

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #42 rocketman, Nov 7, 2019
    Does anyone have the English version of the 2020 Porto price list they can share with me?
    I am being told I need a minimum of FCAM, BRAD and MIR3 to have blind spot assist,
    Thank you

18. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Does anyone have the English version of the 2020 Porto price list they can share with me?
    Thanks