2020 silly season | Page 8 | FerrariChat

2020 silly season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Mitch Alsup, Mar 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That Giovinazzi looks OKish, but I think we had time enough to see how far he can get. Time for some fresh blood, and keep Raikkonen one more year, "just in case".

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Just in case they get a fast car on the grid and need a driver who knows what it is like to be up front?

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Just in case Schumacher Jr. is more Bruno Senna than Nico Rosberg.

Thomas S. and 375+ like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Risk with any Jr driver

5. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152985/williams-refuses-to-confirm-russell-latifi-stay

Acting Williams Formula 1 chief Simon Roberts refused to confirm George Russell and Nicholas Latifi will both stay for 2021, but says "nothing has changed" with the team's driver plans.

Williams announced back in July that both Russell and Latifi would be staying with the team for the 2021 season, prior to its takeover by Dorilton Capital at the beginning of September.

Racing Point driver Sergio Perez recently emerged as a possible option for Williams amid the Mexican's push to find a seat for next year, leading to suggestions he could replace Russell.

Russell said on Thursday that he had "no concerns" about his future with Williams, and that he had a firm contract in place for next year.

Speaking on Friday, acting team principal Roberts said that "nothing has changed" regarding the team's driver plans for 2021.

"There's lot of speculation, there's lots of good drivers around that are now looking for seats," Roberts said.

"Dorilton bought the team, and nothing changed. I can't say any more than that."

But when asked to confirm that Russell and Latifi will be with the team in 2021, Roberts replied: "I'm not going to say anything about either of our drivers.

6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  7. DF1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/71186/horner-clear-about-the-future-of-albon-have-to-make-a-choice-soon-.html

Alexander Albon was already under a lot of pressure at Red Bull Racing. Before a wheel was turned this weekend, Christian Horner made it clear he had to impress. In Portugal, he was lapped by teammate Max Verstappen and so Christian Horner is looking at the options for 2021.

Albon under even more pressure
    Horner admits it was not Albon's race: "Clearly it has been a difficult race for him, so we need to look at all the data to try and understand why his tyre wear was so significantly higher.. We have to analyse that and then he has to bounce back in a weeks time. We did that second pit stop because the left rear was down to the canvas," Horner said in an online press event from Red Bull.

Clarity from Red Bull in a few weeks
    Albon gets two races to prove himself and Horner thinks that's right. "The reality is there's not many races left in the season. You get to that time in the year when you have to make a choice for next year and we have to make a choice about that in the next few weeks. We know what options there are."

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Man, Lawrence Stroll, Aston Martin, and Mercedes Benz making more deals.

This guy Lawrence Stroll is relentless in his deal makings with F1, Aston Martin and Mercedes Benz.

Flavio_C, 375+ and william like this.
  9. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Red Bull should snatch up Perez, he brings a lot of money with him, so it wouldn’t cost them so much. Russel should replace Botas, as Botas is whipped. He psychologically can’t handle Hamilton and refuses to take the fight to him. He’s a corporate whipping boy. I like the way Ron Denis did things, put two of the fastest drivers in your same team and let them hammer it out. The day Botas grows a set of nuts and puts Hamilton in the gravel trap, I’ll eat my hat!

10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lawrence Stroll is a cancer on F1.

Igor Ound and Flavio_C like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's good. It means we will have 2 strong British teams in years to come: McLaren and Aston Martin - both Mercedes-powered.

Aston Martin Lagonda, the road car company, will benefit from some input from Mercedes too.

Javin.P and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Trying to play the role Bernie played fro the previous 20 years on 3% of the character.

Flavio_C and 375+ like this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Gasly signs with Alpha Tauri for 2021.

stavura, Flavio_C and 375+ like this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Kvyat?

15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Nothing yet.

IMO, he should get sacked. Guy is useless.

375+ likes this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I would seriously replace him now. Put Hulk in the second car and score some valuable WCC points.

Boomhauer and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  17. DF1

Team harmony and consistent performance show Bottas is doing what the team need. Contrast to Albon at RedBull who is not close to Max. Clearly Mercedes with consistent P1 and P2 are happy. Release Bottas makes ZERO sense in the dual title strategy picture!

william, blkfxstc and 375+ like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Absolutely !
    Wolff's interest is to have 2 drivers who don't fight, rather than intense rivalry in the team.
    Bottas is doing an excellent job for Mercedes, gathering the maximum points for Mercedes.

At Red Bull, beither Kvyat, nor Gasly or Albon have managed to second efficiently their leader Verstappen.

DF1 likes this.
  19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Mercedes is keen on WCC ($$$) and only gives a crap about WDC in small (mostly audible) proportions.

DF1 likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  21. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    That would be amazing! Hulk and Gasly racking up the points and outperforming RB

Sig. Roma likes this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I think that it's a pitty that he has been performing poorly. The guy destroyed Sainz in GP3 and is highly regard by Franz Tost.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I never met Ecclestone in my life. I don't know whether he is regarded as gentleman or a crook from a British standard, I just think he would be a funny guy to talk to. However, Lawrence Stroll, as much of a billionarie as he is, has the manners and language usage of a caveman.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Bernie was/is a lovely rogue and a very clever man, but you have to count your fingers after a handshake.