2021 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 67 | FerrariChat

2021 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ferraridoc, Dec 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    See? It was up to both of them. People saying max should have just cut the corner to avoid it, but then he's behind. Then others say the white line should be like a wall....that's the track limit...so if a wall had been there, then what?

Too confusing.

2. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I’m with you John, I was not unhappy they were both taken out, Daniel didn’t have to defend against either of them then.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Racing incident ...... who's paying the cost of damages ..... neither of them

Imagine what racing would be like if they had to pay for the damage to the car ..... there'd be a lot more room given

Bas and 365GTC/4 like this.
  4. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    What's your honest opinion of Dan ?

I believe in a race he is brilliant and probably the best overtaker on the grid.

If he had that Merc they would never see which way he went

I think Dan is way better than Mark Webber who was a brilliant lap/dash qualifier but a poor starter and not great at overtaking

I also noticed F2 is getting another Aussie noticed :)

Bas and 365GTC/4 like this.
  5. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Amen to that.

Bas likes this.
  6. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Yeah Lewis is #blessed, he’ll use any opportunity to draw the spotlight on him

Bas likes this.
  7. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think he is one of the group of 6 proven best on the grid, in no particular order, Alonso, Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Leclerc, Vettel.

I also agree he is better than Webber, he had his issues when under pressure, he should have won the championship that one year in the last race but was no where...pressure.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's going to milk this for as long as he possibly can. Sore neck, long covid...lol

DMWC, Ric, 365GTC/4 and 1 other person like this.
  9. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I tell you it makes a difference when I'm on the track, knowing if I have a coming together with someone it hurts my hip pocket, that said I've been known to hold my ground which has caused little bumps with someone beside me if fighting for the lead or a high place position, & I've never had an accident even when the majority are someone else's fault that I didn't have to pay for my own car.

The reality is they all have millions so probably they'd pay for it anyway, I'm sure the top guys are on performance bonuses which would probably nearly pay for most coming togethers, accept perhaps the big Lewis/Max shunt at Silverstone.

10. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I think the stewards made the right call. Both drivers know that the other won't concede and, thanks to the slow pit stop, Max was unlikely to stay in front, so crashing both out was the better outcome.

Pre-Halo, that accident would have killed Hamilton, the rear wheel would have dropped down into the cockpit. By my count, that's the 3rd life saved.

11. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    100% agree all all points Ian, halo's have been the biggest life savers of recent safety measures.

12. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    You at least have the comfort factor of enclosed wheels when you hold your ground. In an open wheel car, most wheel contact results in a scary situation so I never deliberately squeeze anyone. Also, I'm a coward :)

psw likes this.
  13. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m surprised at the penalty. All the commentary suggested that it was either just a racing incident or Lewis didn’t leave enough room. There didn’t seem to be any likelihood that it would be decided it was Max’s fault only.

None of it would have happened if not for Max’s very long pitstop. Has there been any explanation of why it was so long?

14. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The bloke on the front right wheel gun didn't tighten the wheel - he was in too much of a hurry getting his gun clear. They have a strain sensor so they know when a wheel isn't tight.

Job centre for him on Monday...

Steve355F1 likes this.
  16. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He ordered fries

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  18. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  19. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Seasoned?? Takes about 11.1 seconds lol :)

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Daniel Ricciardo
    #3 McLaren MCL35M

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Started 2nd
    1 stop
    Finished 1st

Given his near dead-heat with Norris in Friday evening qualifying he keeps the maximum. Channelled his frustration at that result wonderfully for the rest of the weekend – charging off the line to take advantage of Hamilton’s poor start in the sprint and edge clear of Norris. Decisively beat Verstappen off the GP grid, then didn’t put a foot wrong. Controlled his pace and raised it when required.

Autosport rating

Reader average rating

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Incredible outcome...
    Max now blamed for causing the collision and Lewis saying that this penalty is a sign how to behave in the title race implying that this might be intentional, otherwise a penalty does not change your approach to this. Toto even going further mentioning "tactical foul" clearly implying it was intentional and the Lewis-fanbase goes berserk blaming Max like he was trying to kill Lewis. Damon Hill now obviously believes that every crash into a British driver (including himself) is intentional as well... at the same time Lewis can do a drive-by shooting and the LH44-fanboys will say if Max does not duck it is his own fault because he must think of the championship... I really hope that Lewis does not get this WDC, this would be the joke of the century after all this ********!!! All that after Max was taken out TWICE by the Mercedes guys...

PAP 348 likes this.
  23. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I agree totally Steve, why single one out, just leave it alone and use the DNF as punishment for both. That would've been much fairer. How you attribute blame to one is beyond me. Lets face it Max has had the rough end of the stick in recent comings together!!

24. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

25. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia