2021 NCAA Football | FerrariChat

2021 NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gatorrari, Sep 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As usual, the college football season has opened with a few surprises, raising the question about how good certain teams are.

How good, really, are Virginia Tech, Florida State, UCLA, Penn State or Tulane? All either scored upsets or scared the bejeezus out of higher ranked teams.

And how bad are North Carolina, LSU, Wisconsin, Washington, Miami or Georgia Tech? All lost to teams they should have beaten, many at home, or in Miami's case, at least put up a better fight.

In some cases, it's hard to tell; Georgia beat Clemson despite not scoring an offensive touchdown. We'll obviously need a few more weeks to figure it out. At least it was nice to see full grandstands again!

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    As a Clemson grad, all I can say about our offense is…….YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    An awful lot of teams that were ranked in the preseason poll already have losses; some are even 0-2 (like Washington). Two of the top four have already gone down, and several others from the top 10 have survived near misses. What is going on here?

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Whatever it is, It makes for a fun season (unless one of them is your team).

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The Gators get Alabama this week. We'll see if they're ready for prime time. Can they stop the Elephants from surviving The Swamp?

6. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    With all of the surprises this year (Cincinnati ranked no. 2 in the country!) I am quite surprised that this thread has not been updated for a month.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I haven't bothered watching much of the games and didn't feel the need to post in here. College football is trash compared to the NFL and it's hard to watch how bad everything is (refs, coaching, players, fans).

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Ironically, over the years, I've heard people say "The NFL is trash compared to college football....."

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, there was a time recently the NFL was the No Fun League and it was not worth watching. They've turned it around and are putting out a better product. College football has regressed imo. Too many changes to conferences and transfer methods. The poll system still sucks with fake playoffs that still leave teams out with obvious favoritism among voters, etc. That's not even getting into Dan Mullen's poor decisions on defensive coordinator. :)

10. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    College football is like the NBA, I cannot keep track of which player (QB) whines and transfers to where.
    A couple of QB's are on their 4th teams now.
    Nebraska's top-7 skill position players have all transferred out in the last 3 years,
    including Kurt Warner's son and Christian McCaffrey's brother. That's telling.

As far as the college 'playoffs' go, that is 100% controlled by ESPN, as they control college football.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  11. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    My team has been so bad this year that the only fun has been watching the Realignment Game.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The worst call in history... unbelievable. This ref should be immediately fired

ag512bbi and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    College football is a waste. It's a business like all other sports and if they want my business they need to put out a better product. Didn't bother watching UF-UGA this weekend for similar reasons...first time in nearly 20 years when I was attending UF back then.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was at a sports bar on Saturday having lunch with friends, and for a time things were getting weird: early on, New Mexico State was leading Alabama, UConn was leading Clemson, and Samford was leading Florida!

Of course, the latter situation went on for far too long before the Gators managed to outscore their defense's horrendous showing. Mullen did the right thing by canning Grantham, but I hope he realizes that he has to do much more to get the train truly back on the track, including stepping up recruiting. For now, winning the next two games and the resultant bowl game should be enough for him to keep his own job.

15. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    So, what are your current predictions for the "Final Four"?

Is Cincinnati one of your picks?

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Right now I'd go with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State and Oregon. In spite of their undefeated record, I find Cincinnati's strength of schedule to be comparatively underwhelming. But there is still time for things to change.

17. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Well LSU seems to think Kelly from ND is worth close to $100'000,000.00

What if ND makes the Play off without Kelly.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brian-kelly-text-notre-dame-players-revealed

18. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Well, there we are, then. Cincinnati made it!

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Consider that Oregon and Oklahoma were in the playoff picture for most of the season, but their late failures now have them playing each other in a middle-tier bowl game.

Looking back to the original polls, the big miss was Indiana, which was ranked before the season but wound up 2-10! There were lots of disappointing teams, but the Hoosiers take the cake!

OhioMark likes this.
  20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!