F8 - 2022 Changes? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 2022 Changes?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bigbobo, Oct 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    LOL true true... there's always someone faster, but nothing sounds as good as a 355 in a tunnel, let me tell ya.

Speaking of "always someone faster", check out this video I ran across the other day on YouTube. The guy goes zero to sixty in 2.5 seconds (roughly F8 speed) and the car in the lane next to him makes his run look like he's standing still. I love how when they are staging, you can hear the turbo spool up before the tree goes green haha:

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    yeah just busting your chops that’s the one thing I miss from my 458 is the sound. And dang that car was fast wonder what he ran?

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I don't know, but the guy in the right lane lifted and still put down almost a 10 second 1/4 mile run.

The guy in the left lane is running a single parachute, so his 1/4-mile trap speed must be some place north of 150 MPH; my guess would be probably mid 7's.

Ray

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Compared to the 430, let alone the 458 or the V12s, the 355 doesn't sound that great in stock form; one might even call it subdued. Also purposed built dragsters are irrelevant when we are discussing road cars.

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I placed my F8 order on 5/30/21 and was told that I was definitely subject to the $10,000 price increase.

AD211 and Bigbobo like this.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    orders have been closed so good you got yours in congrats

Chizz, AD211 and Viperjoe like this.
  7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    f8 tributo will be the last real ferrari imo v6 is comming having a v6 back there does not settle right with me and it being a hybrid

Chizz, JTSE30 and AD211 like this.
  8. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 355 definitely needs a Tubi to sound its best. The stock 355 exhaust looks like something from a 1960's Oldsmobile.

Ray

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. GFD

GFD Karting

Aug 24, 2014
    Northern California
    oh my goodness that was fun

10. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Did your dealer share any additional information around this?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  11. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    He was not aware of it but said he would check with Maranello...

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  12. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Any updates?

13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Especially as relates to exhaust!!!!!

14. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Spoke to my dealer today he confirmed no changes were made to the 2022 model year. If anyone heard different please share.

15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

A friends 22 F8 was delivered a few weeks ago - the exhaust is the same as before; very muted. My 22 should arrive within the next few weeks. I’m under no illusions that the exhaust will be any better.

16. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I pick mine up Friday I drove the 21 a few times exhaust wasn’t as bad as everyone is saying. I will most likely put a Novitec exhaust on but keeping the stock cats. I’m hearing people putting the novitec switchtronic on but again not sure how much better it would sound with the valves open all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think it takes a few weeks for the exhaust note to open up on newer cars. I noticed this on my Porsches and m3. For example my friends 992 gt3 sounded significantly louder after break in and it is fitted with restrictive headers and opf matrix. I know its NA but it also has like a 70 lb muffler vs the F8.

18. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I think my F8 is getting louder as the miles increase.

Plife, Viperjoe, Chizz and 1 other person like this.
  19. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I bet it is. How do u feel about the sound now that its broken in?

20. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Ok, it will never be the sound of my 458. But it is better than my wife's Portofino. It is louder than any Porsche I have had or any other car I have had. I am fine with it.

Viperjoe, Chizz and Plife like this.
  21. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    Certainly agree. I’m fine with the exhaust. Not saying it can’t be improved if a safe and easy solution comes along but not complaining at this point.

Viperjoe, Plife and stretchgeneral like this.
  22. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Nice! glad to hear its loud and sounds decent. I thought the same when i drove a 2021 press f8- i thought it had good exterior sound and volume. I also agree the 458 with valve deletes was legit racecar loud. However on the f8, to my surprise, I loved the cabin noise. With the engine behind your head and the hot tube being exhaust and not intake sound its actually a really exciting in the cabin. Especially when the dct shifts donkey punch you in race mode, lol

9650max and Viperjoe like this.