2022 Portofino M Allocations | FerrariChat

2022 Portofino M Allocations

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BillDono, Jan 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    I ordered a Portofino M in August 2021. My first Ferrari and I can’t wait!

I called my Ohio dealer last week and was told they still have not received their allocation.

A couple of questions:

1. is this standard procedure for buying new Ferraris!

2. once a dealer gets its allocation how long is the typical wait time for the vehicle to be delivered to the buyer?

I was told in August I would have my car in 7-9 months. But with all the shortages worldwide I’m wondering if that is still a reasonable time frame?

rob5819 likes this.
  2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Hi Bill, congrats on the order for the Portofino M. I ordered one in March 2021, did a test drive in August and loved it. It's the perfect complement to my 458 Spider. I am still waiting for an allocation.

Looking through https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/portofino-m-delivery-date.640369/ the people who ordered in October 2020 are starting to get their cars. I was at my dealer ten days ago (new battery for the 458) and my sales advisor said they are starting to get more allocations from the factory. They had been getting five a month (for all models), but around 15 for each of the last two months. I am cautiously optimistic that 12 months is the wait for an allocation and then 2 - 3 months for production, with another month on the boat.

The wait will be long, but definitely worth it.

Rob

3. Prestomagic

Prestomagic Rookie

Nov 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alex Preston

4. Prestomagic

Prestomagic Rookie

Nov 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alex Preston
    I ordered my PM in October 2021... expect delivery Christmas this year. Meanwhile, having fun with my '17 Cali T HS till then. Kinda went crazy on the PM...bright silver with blu leather augmented with yellow leather stiching, daytona seats and yellow door inserts and center consol. Also, blue tinted carbon fiber everywhere, inside and out +++ Can't wait !!!

honda corse likes this.
  5. Carbon Bits

Carbon Bits Karting

Oct 26, 2021
    Ohio, USA
    Agree that you can glean wait and production times from other posts here.
    I’m probably two or so PM allocations behind you- same location. So keep me posted!
    I was fortunate enough to meet the guy just before me (great guy with an epic collection) and now I see you.
    Share your config if you wish.
    Me? silverstone over cuoio.

6. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio

7. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    I’m getting frustrated. Zero communication from my dealer. I just want to know something, anything, about delivery dates.

I called a dealer in another state and city and found out more from that fellow than my own salesman.

Any comments would be appreciated.

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Just to update my comment from earlier in case it helps. I ordered last March (2021). Got the call from my dealer two weeks ago (12 months after ordering) that the factory had accepted my order (10G) and that the config would lock soon (10R). Still waiting for the config to lock and go intro production. From everything I've read I now think 18 - 24 months is the expected time for delivery. From another thread, Ferrari has 27,000 confirmed orders, with a factory that can build 10,000 cars/year. I've read that Porsche gets their wiring harnesses from the Ukraine (https://www.motor1.com/news/571068/wire-harness-shortage-war-ukraine/) so there is, yet another, slowdown in production. I have no idea if Ferrari will be affected the same way.

After 12 months waiting for an allocation I feel your pain. I think you will eventually get your car and, having driven a couple Portofino M test cars it will totally be worth the wait.

Rob

sd dave likes this.
  9. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio

10. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    Can’t say enough good things about you guys. All posts have been helpful, not the nonsense on other high dollar car chats.

I’ve read about the Portofino M order book being closed. That’s fine with me. It can only increase the value of the car IMO.

Latest estimate is I should have my car by September. Fingers are crossed.

11. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You should have your car in about 6 months.
    I just got mine and my config locked end of Sept 21. It’s worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

rob5819 likes this.
  12. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    Sounds incredible! Please post up pix when you get it.

13. GoHarry

GoHarry Rookie

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Harry Moseley
  14. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations!
    Enjoy your ride!

15. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    God bless you and your new ride. Enjoy every second behind the wheel!

16. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    Ordered end of Feb this year... Just got one in literally days before the order books close in Australia

Anyone know if that could lead to the order being cancelled? Don't really care if the wait is long, all that matters for me is that it eventually gets delivered...

17. Zmaranello

Zmaranello Rookie

Sep 17, 2021
  18. masguy40

masguy40 Karting

Oct 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kerry Lemos
    Strange coincidence- when I ordered my PM in November 21 from San Francisco, the PM test drive car was silver with the Blu leather interior!!!

19. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    Latest news. Dealer called to confirm extras. I added some items and deleted one. Base price of the car is up $8,000. Apple Car Play, a $4,000 option is now stand equipment. Still looking at September. Can’t wait!

rob5819 likes this.
  20. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Great news for you. My March 2021 order got an allocation on 23 Feb 2022. I confirmed options and had a VIN assigned on 16 April 2022. My understanding matches yours, orders after 1 April got the new MSRP and the SMRT option as default. No updates since the VIN showed up in the MyFerrari app/website, so I am hoping for September/October.

Florida Joe likes this.
  21. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    Since I’m not an “owner” at this point I don’t think I have access to the app you referenced. Or am I mistaken?

22. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Your dealer should set up access to the MyFerrari app/webpage for you since you have ordered a car. I have access through my 458, but we ordered the Portofino M in my wife's name so she has a separate account.

23. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    Thank you for your reply. I just asked my dealer to allow me access.

Not sure why they didn’t do this from the outset. I have some thoughts but that’s for a private discussion with them.

24. BillDono

BillDono Karting

Jan 8, 2022
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill D’Onofrio
    And please understand all who read this, I’m not complaining about the price increase just passing along info.
    Anyway, what good ever comes from “complaining” about the cost of a Ferrari?

waafiawal, MacNugget and rob5819 like this.
  25. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Good deal. I wouldn't worry too much about them not setting it up automatically. I specifically asked when we were ordering because it had been a pain to setup when I bought my pre-owned 458.

The app is occasionally great and occasionally useless. For our Portofino M order it shows all the options correctly, but the default picture is wrong. It was pretty exciting when I finally saw the VIN show up around 16 April and it decodes correctly as a 2022 Portofino M. At some point you are supposed to get three pictures of production: chassis assembly, painted chassis, finished car. The pictures are definitely not in real time and some people get the car before the pictures even show up. I still check the app every morning, though, just in case a picture shows up.

For my 458, the app shows all the correct options and finished picture. It also shows all my service appointments with date and mileage, plus any recall information (passenger air bag, for example).

Florida Joe likes this.