2022 Winter Olympics | FerrariChat

2022 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jimpo1, Feb 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Watching the opening ceremony. Yawn. Very hard to get excited about a stadium devoid of spectators. All props to the athletes but it sucks that they’re performing only for the cameras.

By the way, the US uniforms are embarrassing with that stupid large Polo logo. I hope we didn’t actually pay for them given that they’re nothing more than an ad for Ralph Lauren. The British outfits were classy and patriotic.

2. nickp91

nickp91 Rookie

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    nickp
    Shocked at the amount of people genuinely upset NHL players are in Vegas instead of Beijing

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I haven't watched much yet, but enjoyed track racing and cross country skiing this afternoon. Last night curling and ice skating with girlfriends daughters not so much. :)

I will look forward to Biathlon, half pipe, the one where 4-5 go Bonzi down jumps short race, and downhill racing.

4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Viewership down 40-60%, I have not watched one minute of it.

I cannot really tell you why I haven't, it's not because of the country, politics,
    'boycotts', I just have not had a real interest for no specific reason...
    I could not care less if NHL guys are in it or not, so that's not a reason, either.

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I've watch about five minutes total. And I'm not anti-Olympics but just not caring too much.

6. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I watch an hour or so each day. Peacock has some great coverage, you can watch replays of any of the events with no commercials and very little time in between competitors.

I would imagine viewership is down because there aren't any big names, particularly in figure skating.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The Germans swept the two-man bobsled (ho-hum) but it should be noted that Monaco's sled finished sixth! That's a lot better than the lead U.S. sled (13th) or the much ballyhooed Jamaicans (30th and last). They've come a ways since "Prince Albert in a can"!

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's amazing that Ocala, Florida has become a hotbed of speed skating!

It seemed that a lot of Americans finished fourth in their events, some by tiny margins. That's the worst way to lose, and I've always wondered whether the Olympics should award four medals per event. Anyone for a brass medal?