212 body | Page 4 | FerrariChat

212 body

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by mcimino, Feb 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I have read these comments with some dismay and some amusement. Looking over my "list" I see that I have owned 09C or 012I (no longer sure), a "bitsa" with a really bad barchetta style body, 024MB, the Marzotto "egg", 0012M with a gorgeous Scaglietti rebody, 0647GT, which I parted out and is now back to original (define "original"!), 1777GT, the famous or infamous Nembo, 0716TR, a 250 TR with Drogo berlinetta body, and 6109GT, a 330GT with a Michelotti rebody. Oddly enough, none of the above seems to get much criticism, perhaps because they were done when these were just tired old $4,000 cars, rather than objets d'arte. Damned if I know what I'm saying; perhaps it is that I would be happy to drive around in a replica GTO or SWB for the sheer driving thrill, except that the vehemence with which some criticize such cars would make me too embarrassed. Oh well. Ain't gonna happen anyway.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Why not?

You have forgotten more about Ferraris than I will ever know. So what the hell? After all, they are only cars, yes?

Remember what Jim G said: You should do what makes you happy.

Dale

PS I haven't forgotten about your car. Just too much going on.

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I appreciate your humor. There is an evergoing "discussion" regarding replicas vs "the real thing" I have expressed my opinion in the past which I am sure is well known and need not be elaborated on here. Maybe I should drop "tongascrew" and sign off, "just one man's opinion Dr. Frankenstein". For the time being though I think I will stick with tongascrew '

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    #Ed, never worry. You reputation proceeds you. Should you show up in a Vett or a T Bird you would still be you to the people who count. just one man's opinion tongascrew

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Are you sure that you've thought about it for a long enough time? ;)

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Trust me, I have been called worse. just one man's opinion tongascrew