212 Motoring Hit and Run Owner Suing for Damaged Bentley | Page 2 | FerrariChat

212 Motoring Hit and Run Owner Suing for Damaged Bentley

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Arrwin, Aug 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    I believe his claim is regarding how the city handled the car when it was seized. He was expecting to have them put it in a garage, car cover, etc etc I guess.... Instead it probably sat in an impound lot, moved around, doors dinged, dirty hands on the leather....the "norm" for an impound lot!

2. ameer20

ameer20 Rookie

Nov 9, 2005
    EU
    This is just wrong! Karma will make him pay one day, and it will be ugly i am sure of that...

3. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #28 Bavarian Motorist, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008

Based on the newspaper...

I'm not saying the guy isn't a *****, but do you really know if the newspaper reports are entirely accurate?

4. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I wonder if he's going to sue the family of the dead guy as well.

5. rr87

rr87 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2007
    Europe
    Now that's ridiculous! reading this makes me sick...

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    To think he was 1 insurance claim away from not being in the news and tarnishing his reputation. I was on the Bullrun when the 212 motoring car crashed maybe their cars would handle better with smaller wheels : )

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Been hearing this all over the news. I do not understand some people.

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i can't believe he got probation for killing someone because he was driving drunk. if I were the judge i'd be less lenient if i knew he were drunk. and as for this lawsuit...wow x a million

9. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    You have to read the article and the comments above - HE was not drunk...the guy he hit was drunk (i.e. drunk guy stumbled out into the street and got hit). That's why the driver only got probation...it wasn't gross negligence, just too-slow-reaction time....(but under the law it's always your fault if you hit someone)

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #35 Napolis, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    Under the law it's not always your fault if you hit someone. Hitting someone and not stopping is the issue here:

"Harry Shasho, who pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident,"

You do have to read the article. :)

Hope U R Well.

11. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    back story from the guy who claims to be the victims son....I think this was off Lpower

What most people don.t know about this case,is that when this ****-OFF was in the police station,He also stunk of alcohol. But because it was so many hours later they could not give him a blood alcohol test.Our judicial system SUCKS! Only in N.Y. could you take the life of a wonderful man,and only get a slap on the wrist. And I know he was a wonderful man,because I am the victim's Son!!!! I just hope and pray every night that if this Fat-F*ck is ever fortunate enough to be killed in the same manner that my father was killed in,that our legal system is just as lenient on his murderer.And I would Like to thank everyone for their Love and support.
    Posted by PETE JR. on Aug 25, 2008 10:21 AM

12. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005
    I was hoping he would come on here and explain the situation better, but it even seems his account is gone. Yea, I don't always make judgments on one news article, but it seems more realistic as time goes on.

13. fantom557

fantom557 Karting

Feb 10, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    murray
    he cant write anything because it can be used against him later on becareful what you write in blogs lawyers are always looking to get you if you post. my partner does works for the irs and he has a blog and gets list of who visits the page and lawyers are always looking and some judges also so becareful. This guy i am sure would love to set the record straight but cant say a word now.

14. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    Article in the paper says, 'the case is finished'. There is nothing for him to "set straight"; unless, he committed perjury in the court case !

15. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    He was afforded his constitutional rights, given then chance to defend himself in a court of law overseen by a jury, and he was presumed innocent. Additionally, as is his right, he entered a plea of guilty to a charge. Usually the judge asks whether a defendant understands that he is pleading guilty, and I am sure that his lawyer advised him as to what he was facing by doing so, so he was fully aware of that he was pleading guilty. As such, there is no need for him to clarify anything that the plea does not speak volumes to. What is tasteless and shameless is somebody who pleads guilty to leaving the scene where a man died, bringing additional attention to himself and his business by bringing a frankly silly lawsuit.

16. Opie

Opie Karting

Sep 23, 2006
    North NJ
    Well said.

17. GlobalLambo

GlobalLambo Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2006
    Mineola, NY
    Full Name:
    Seth Rose
    I haven't posted here for sometime now, but as others have said, plain and simple, the fact is that he left the scene, he can't possibly say, "I didn't know I hit someone." So what is the reason for leaving the scene? The only possibility I see is that he was either impaired, or driving without a license or insurance. Obviously he wasn't convicted of anything, and if the later two were fact he would have been charged as such. Therefore any reasonably intelligent person would deduce that he must have been under the unfluence of something other than stupidity.

Now as far as his lawsuit. Pathetic. He should have filed an insurance claim not a civil action. He has now successfully tarnished his name, his business name and all credibility due to all the media coverage and speculation.

Unfortunately the only side of the story we have is his, the poor soul that lost his life cannot speak from the grave. I wonder if there were witnesses or did he leave his front license plate behind which happens in so many of these cases......

Well, I hope the city vigorously defends this deplorable case and gives him nothing! If the family was smart they would file a civil suit and secure a judgment to grab any monies awarded. Lord knows he is probably sheltered by corporations.

Just my 2 cents!

18. Markvan

Markvan Rookie

Nov 9, 2020
    #43 Markvan, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020