246 DINO F1 0007 or 788FT | Page 3 | FerrariChat

246 DINO F1 0007 or 788FT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Gilles, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
    #51 I16, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have tracked down the GTO-style body shown in the pictures above. It has not been destroyed, so if anyone would like to know more, please PM me.

3. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have tracked down the GTO-style body shown in post #7 on previous page.

It has not been destroyed, so if anyone would like to know more, please PM me.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
  5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  6. wintech

wintech Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Pete K
    The "Morrari"as it was called began as a 1955 Ferrari Formula One 555Super Squalo, ending in a car yard(apparently) after its competitive days ceased. The yard owner decided to go racing and measured the wheelbases of cars in the yard and the closest match was a 1949 Morris Minor LoLite. Fitting a Chev V8 engine into it away they went racing. ex Shelby-American race mechanic John Olsen was one of the shade tree mechanics converting the chassis/body and motor into a race car.

All of the info and history pertinent to that period and the Pat Hoare/Enzo relationship is covered in the book "Enzo Ferrari's Secret War" by David Manton. ISBN-978-0-9834133-0-1
    The info page has a website listed Home | Enzo Ferrari's Secret War
    My wife got it for me as I grew up in Christchurch in the 60's. I was totally unaware of the level of involvement that NZ had in International Motorsport as well as being one of the first Ferrari dealerships in the southern hemisphere in my home town!

I would post pics of the Morrari and the hand beaten GTO body hanging from the rafters in the garage of its car collector owner...only i have not renewed my silver sub as of this date. The book is a fascinating read 300 pages. It has joined a lot of dots for me from my past as my early years as an apprentice toolmaker were with a company, the owner/director of which had 3 Ferrari's from memory and was also instrumental in promoting motor sport in the 70's in NZ.

7. V6 Fascination

May 18, 2015
    UK
    Hi I cannot PM as this service is not switched on for me yet, but I do have an interest in the ex Pat Hoare / Logan Fow McWhinnie Coupe is there a way we can get in touch?

8. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    You can definitely PM - I've just sent you a message.

-Ed