246 GTS -- $185,00!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

246 GTS -- $185,00!!!

Discussion in '206/246' started by hank sound, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I wouldn't count on Dino prices to continue going up for much longer. I'm afraid the big slapdown is going to happen in the next 6 months or so if the Fed raises interest rates, essentially to pay for Iraq.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't see it that way. Interest rates are still very reasonable.

Besides, how many folks go out and re-finance to buy a Dino, or any other Ferrari? Did any of us here wander into the dealer and take a five year car loan from them to pick up their car?

5 year money is at about 7 1/4% for commercial borrowers, and mortgage rates are still under 7%. Prime is 7 1/2? If someone took an equity loan to buy the car, they are still going to be sub 7% on the deal.

While prices may stabilize, it's wishful thinking to expect some "correction" in the prices on these cars.

They'll hold steady at the worst. After all, the Spring/Summer buying season is upon us.

DM

3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Last time I read everyone saying "no market correction in sight" and "prices will hold steady" as the worst case scenario, everything went to hell in the Ferrari market within a matter of months. You bet your way, I'll bet my way. Let's compare notes in the next two years or so.

I seem to remember Michael Sheehan (sp?) writing in SCM in 1999 or 2000 that Dinos were going to hit $250,000 "in the next two or three years" (or something like that). WHAT HAPPENED????

Buy for ENJOYMENT, NOT for the market.

4. ferrarinyc

ferrarinyc Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Tony G
    in a market where an original dino keychain sells for close to $800 and the tool kits, manuals and jacks bring about $15,000 for the package, i doubt that the car is overvalued!!! speculation brings about all bubble markets. that is happening now with muscle cars and not f-cars. the market for f-cars is not even half way to bubble valuations (although maybe dino keychains and tools etc. are?!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4623181169&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT