246GT Fuel Starvation | FerrariChat

246GT Fuel Starvation

Discussion in '206/246' started by premieram, Jun 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    All:

Had anyone considered creating a manifold/linkage to rotate the Webers 90 degrees to eliminate fuel starvation during cornering? Any other solutions?

Thanks.

jts

2. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
  3. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    Yes, I remember following that. However, I believe this cannot be replicated today (as there are not any Stratos induction systems lying around. Any thoughts on what one might do today? I have a highly modified engine (I will post more on that later) but believe I am being choked in the induction system. I have thought about having a EFI system built using the weber throttle bodies. I do not mind it not looking stock if I can put it back in the future. Thanks for any help.

jts

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    On the fuel injection TBI front, Kevin O’Rourke/Mototechnique used the DCNF style Jenvey throttle bodies with programmable Motec and crank fire ignition. Looks stock including the airbox. His customer loves it and uses his for hillclimbs and tours. Hopefully he’ll chime in.

Freeman

5. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    On the idf carbs/intake manifold, the original Stratos version is difficult if not expensive to find. The new style 40 idf is available along with a new casting intake manifold. You can see the difference. Top is OEM. Bottom is the casting available from Italy. You can see the differences. I have no experience running the non OEM version but have seen them used. This particular non OEM 40 IDF’s and intake manifold was bought by Jon Gunderson (OMGJON). It is surplus to his needs.

Freeman

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I love the simplicity and straightforward setup of the factory Stratos induction but...If you have a highly modified motor, going to programmable fuel injection would give you the max ability to get the most performance and drivability out of your motor not to mention quick starts and better fuel economy. I like the way Kevin’s setup looks stock. Here’s some shots of Kevin’s setup that he sent me (Kevin, I hope you don’t mind me sharing!). I believe his dyno sheet showed 227hp out of a stock motor with a modified cam (was already on the motor).

Freeman

7. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    My car was Dynoed at Motion Products at 255bhp with stock carbonation. More to follow.

8. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2561534 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more! Here’s a couple of shots of a modified Dino with the later IDF’s (note the center fuel inlets). Intake manifold unknown. You can see the difference with fuel inlets cast into the housing on the Stratos factory setup. This allows the carbs to be placed closer together with clearance. The later IDF’s need a slight mod to give clearance.