250 california serial | FerrariChat

250 california serial

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by wera, Mar 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france
    #1 wera, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi,
    i would like to know the serial number of this 250 california my father bought early 1962 or end of 61. We didn't have lot's of conversations about the car, i was young, and the life decide. I have only two pictures of the car and zero paper and know that he kept it only a few months. He also had the cab on third picture.
    He was in switzerland at the moment, he met an italian pilot who argue about this fabulous car and my father went to pick it in Italy, Turini or Modena? and he also met someone important maybee Pininfarina.
    I don't have much more informations except a few anecdotes, and a child friend of him who will be 90 in a few weeks.
    My main lead in my research is the radio antenna location, i found 3 cars with antenna who anyway could have been removed on others models : 2561, 2891 and 3095 wich is the only one i found with the same antenna location, the date 61/62 and his geographical situation betwen La Chaud de Fond and Lausanne may be a clue.
    If he bought it as a fresh new car at the factory, that i believe, Ferrari must have a record about it but i don't know who i could join there.
    Our family name is absolutly not known in car history and i can give it to anyone who could help me.
    Thank you very much for any input, and please excuse my english.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/sofraditest/albums
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Radio antenna on left fender fot two first pics makes think to 3095GT...

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    WARNING:
    The above link is distributing a virus. Do not click!

Marcel Massini

4. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france
    What kind or viruse on flick ? The color virus where an electric blue california go to grey then back to electric blue ?
    If the car is not 3095 which serial do you suggest please ?
    Thank you.

5. wera

wera Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    france
    #5 wera, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hi, since my last message i had no solid informations about the car but i found a picture who was certainly taken the same day as the one in the mountain betwen aosta and switzerland :

https://flic.kr/p/XnqASc full size

i sent an email to ferrari to have a copy of the foglio commerciale but had no answer.
    i also learned that both cars were originaly red

thank you for any help