250 Ferrari GTO vs McLaren F1 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

250 Ferrari GTO vs McLaren F1

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275GTBSaran, Oct 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Being 18 years old, I stand to testify against claims that the F1 will never be as valuable as the 250 GTO. In 50 years, 95% of the people with whom the GTO resonated with the most will have passed on. By then, the F1 has 30+ year advantage over the GTO in terms of people who can appreciate its inscpetion. Also, people who were kids when the F1 was released will be in their financial prime and willing to spend big bucks for nostalgia.

In the end, I think what people value in a vehicle will change and that may be reflected in the values of Vintage Ferrari's as a whole.

2. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Most vintage Ferraris, yes. The 250GTO is a case apart. In my contention when the time you mention arrives all GTOs will be owned by museums, and valued above the F1 forever.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm sorry, but your logic is faulty. You also think old paintings and sculptures become less valuable as more people die over time and were born farther from their creation? The GTO is rolling artwork and will continue to appreciate.

miurasv and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Ah...you truly believe that 39 (car-) museum on this planet will spend each up to $55m+ for a GTO? Or do you bet they become cheaper....? A unique Jackson Pollock, Picasso, Modigliani, Van Gogh etc. is the far better investment!

Timmmmmmmmmmy and tomgt like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Probably donated or be on loan to the museum.