250 GT/E 2527 (California Rebody?) | FerrariChat

250 GT/E 2527 (California Rebody?)

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ArcherOnCars, Jan 14, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ArcherOnCars

ArcherOnCars Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Ifan Ramadhana
    Hello everyone I want to ask if anyone knows history of Ferrari 250 GT/E chassis 2527.

From what I can gather at Barchetta this example was sold new at Switzerland and nothing is known after that.

The reason I ask this is because this car was confisticated by Indonesian customs being smuggled in pile of used spare parts (used car importation is illegal in Indonesia).

Now customs wants to auction along with 2 Porsches that are in the same container.

First of the body is 250 California, I assume it was rebodied at some point at it's life?

The car had no engine and transmission, possibly it was deliberate by whoever try to import it.

The condition is good but rough handling caused some dent and improper storage let molds to appear in leather bits.

Since this car is auctioned as "spare parts" it can't be legally registered in Indonesia.

If anyone had information about it's history and if there are any legal trouble it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Indonesia?
    First post in 4 years?
    Photos?
    When was it imported to Indonesia?
    2527 GT was not sold new in Switzerland.
    A replica using the number 2527 GT was in the UK less than 2 years ago.

Marcel Massini

3. ArcherOnCars

ArcherOnCars Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Ifan Ramadhana
    Thank you Mr. Massini for the information.

Good observation, I joined the forum way back when I was in university. But I'm more of a silent reader.

Yes the car currently is offered by Indonesian customs.

I'm not sure when exactly the seize of that cars but it was on the news last year.

So the original 2527 GT is no longer exist? The car you mention, is the replica using original parts of 2527 GT or merely assume the identity?

And for photos, these were taken by me yesterday. I was there to inspect the cars and assessed their condition for a buyer.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

4. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany