250 GTO Restoration | Page 5 | FerrariChat

250 GTO Restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Modificata, Jan 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    That photo of the car in front of the trim shop is beautiful. I love the was the car sits.

2. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    That photo of the car in front of the trim shop is beautiful. I love the way the car sits.

Hi Vintage nut, wish I could take the credit for the last trim shop photos but credit must go to my " professional Snapper mate " who wishes to remain under the radar, more to follow I promise, cheers Kev.

3. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I have a question about the wheels that are on the car. Are they stand-ins for the originals? The photo that shows the side view of the car at the interior place shows the car with 2 ear knockoffs and the wheels don't look like Borranis. The car is looking great! I hope it will make a trip to the states at some point in the future.

4. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi David, thanks for your interest. The wheels on the car are staying and have just been re built, the " Knock ons " are slaves and are temporary. Cheers, Kev.

5. vur

vur Karting

May 9, 2006
    Full Name:
    Vur
    Incredible job! Thanks for sharing!

6. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi Team, please find page 23 just added to www.mototechnique.com our work is now finished and the car returns to the workshops of Martin Greeves " Classic Performance" phone number 0044 -0- 1327 844415 for final mechanical assembly / shake down. I have taken photos in Martins shop and will post these next week, Cheers to all. Kindest regards to all, Kev.

7. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A job very well done

Regards

Chris

8. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Put some good SNAPS on the car and it is finished!

9. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I love the overhead photo. The looks on their faces seem to say "you better not drop that camera!"

10. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Looks great! What a year for you guys. How could you not want to come to work when you have "that" to work on. Thanks again.

11. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Kev, looks great no wonder your so proud of the work you guys do

12. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi Team, many thanks for all your kind words. Please find 24th page just added to our 250 GTO Conservation page at www.mototechnique.com. Cheers to all kindest regards Kev.

13. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    The photos are so good I can almost smell the new leather and paint. What a beautiful job you guys are doing.

14. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi Vintage V12 Nut, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear that after a private showing at the "Earl of Marches" Goodwood House in Sussex our client took delivery of 3527 and was last seen leaving England heading for the south of France. Recieved feed back was a one liner " perfect" !!!! Cheers to all who have followed this saga if there is interest i'll endeavour to post updated photos detailing the progress post conservation. Kev.

15. Telaio

Telaio Karting

Jan 11, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin O'Rourke
    Hi Team, thought you might like to know that the November edition of the highly regarded " Octane" magazine features 3527 GT on the front cover and details the complete conservation program over ten .... yes ten pages !

It's a GTOfest I tell you, for further info regarding "Octane magazine" check out www.octane-magazine.com Enjoy, Kindest regards Kev.