News

250 Lusso RHD

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Argento, Jun 20, 2006.

1. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Those traffic jams, geez!!! Carabo, two Miuras and a Grifo queueing in for a Lego car wash. Margo taking the kids to kindergarten with a Marzal, a Monteverdi Hai and a futuristic Dodge Charger Mk 3 concept racing throught the yellow loop again - poor sheriff sitting in that Galaxie 500 patrol car...

readplays likes this.
  2. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks Dave. I just had another look myself and realise that at that time, Lesney did a range of Matchbox trailers. There were a few different variations, so I guess you could hook up whatever you like. That said...

...John - the Ferrari and the Honda trailer appear to have been sold as separate units. Do you remember getting them as a set somehow?

-Ed

readplays likes this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Matchbox got the rear window wrong.

4. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Ed, I got the Lusso separately. I got it at the same time as a reddish Jaguar E-Type and a white Ford Mustang fastback. The Mustang had a little lever in the rocker panel and your thumb could swivel the front wheels left to right. The Honda GP bike and trailer came later. I don't remember the dates, but I do remember that I was old enough to be embarrassed about playing with toy cars, so I'd wait till everyone left the house and then I would bring out a box full of them and have a grand old time.

john

5. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Your secret's safe with us, John. ;)