News

250 PF Coupe ...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by djaffrey, Dec 13, 2005.

1. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    Chris, 1493 has the knee bolster you mention. Drum brakes, inside plug, no reverse light, Lucas distributors. Also it has 16" rims, which seems like another variable on the 250pf.

2. John Gillon

John Gillon Rookie

Dec 26, 2019
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gillon
    We would welcome any history for the following vehicle, currently being restored and reunited with it's original engine.

Model: Pininfarina 250 GT
    Year: 1960
    Steering: LHD
    Chassis number: 1733
    Pininfarina body number: 27886
    Ferrari colour: Grigo Fumo
    Interior colour: Tan

readplays likes this.
  3. Pablomedina

Pablomedina Rookie

Jul 30, 2020
    Marbella
    Full Name:
    Pablo Medina

4. Pablomedina

Pablomedina Rookie

Jul 30, 2020
    Marbella
    Full Name:
    Pablo Medina
    Hello Marcel
    First of all I wanted to express my admiration towards your vast knowledge on Ferrari´s history.
    For this reason I wanted to ask if you can kindly give me any information on #2101 (250GT PF Cabriolet II)
    Its been in my family since day 1 but according to my uncle, who purchased the car in 1960, this unit was initially ordered by Gianni Agnelli who changed his mind before she was delivered to him and order a more powerful Superamerica passing on the 250 to his nephew in law, my uncle Prince Alfonso Hohenlohe . This would justify the covered headlights, 16 inch wheels and parts of the body with un removed blue paint .
    Thank you very much for your help
    Best wishes
    Pablo Hohenlohe

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tenney, lgs, enio45 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Brian, there used to be a machine shop east of LA. that had it down. They jigged up the entire rear axle in a giant lathe, cut it apart, and welded in the Ford center section. Cheaper than Ferrari parts, and better reliability.
    I plead guilty to having done so.
    Yes, back in the day they were hard to sell; as said, "too conservative." I always thought they were sweet, but many buyers wanted something more racy.

Texas Forever likes this.