250GTE at Heritage | FerrariChat

250GTE at Heritage

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Max (SD), Oct 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Max (SD)

Max (SD) Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    Anyone have any thoughts on the 250GTE showing at Heritage. Salesman told me yesterday that the car was just stripped and sent our to be resprayed. Also told me the motor was worked over as of four years ago.

Anyone seen this car and have any further infor positive or negative?

http://www.heritageclassics.com/ferrari/63sil250gte3/Page.html

2. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    It looks to me likes it needs a new interior ten times more than a new repray. Theres "patina" and then there is just "tatty".

Darren.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I am going to agree with Darren on this - the interior will need about 6K to make it showroom. I think this car based on market (and not know all the details of this particular car) - should be around 50K - knowing you will have to put a few K if you want to show it - or bring it up to around a 90 point car.

Darren how's your GTE running... The prices are going up and up on these things - darn maybe I should have kept the darn thing... However the Spider is a blast to drive... :)

All the best,
    Rich

4. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Rich,

Car is running greta thanks. Finally ahve it regoistered - its is on a UK plate 818 UXG and yes I have taken photos and yes I will be posting them for you when I get the film developed :)

When I say its "running great" I mean "running great now" - last week the gear linkage snapped (sounds worse than it is and quite cheap to fix) at the entrance to a major UK car show !!! Very frustraining so it had to go into the shop. Good news is that now its fixed its like a new box. When you come out of gear it fairly springs into neutral ! Not like you will remember it.

I am currently getting a quote to get those scuffs on the side panels on the doors retrimmed as well as a 1961 radio and then I think I may actually stop and enjoy the car for 10 minutes. Seriously I am loving the car.

Oh and the side shields came off perfectly as per your instructions. All in all its in tip top shape.

Photos to follow !

Sorry to hijack teh thread by the way so for what its worth I think GTE's are a massively undervalued (not only price but also looks and usbility) car in the Ferrari range.

Cheers,

Darren.

5. Bill P

Bill P Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Prescott AZ
    Full Name:
    William D. Preston
    Ask them to tell you its serial number. Then send it to me at:

[email protected]

I will likely be able to tell you its history.

-Bill Preston

6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Darren,

Go to Tom Yang's website. The guys there made up fresh pieces of the metal trim for the doors and other useful bits.

Regards,

Art S.

7. Max (SD)

Max (SD) Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    Bill,

Can you find us the history?

Much thanks,

8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Heritage are USUALLY pretty accurate with description and prices...for a dealer, that is.. :)