275 GTB/4 Glovebox Lock Help needed! | FerrariChat

275 GTB/4 Glovebox Lock Help needed!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by simondgb, May 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simondgb

simondgb Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 16, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I have an issue with my glovebox lock. From the outside it appears the key used to unlock the glovebox is a single sided key. Most likely originally a TORINO/C.E.A.M or GIOBERT. Modern equivalent by Silca for my particular lock is GT13A. However, on my 67’ 330 GTC it has an identical lock with double sided TORINO/S.A.F.E key (same key as used in the doors). Does anybody else have a double sided key to their lock or were the 275’s all single sided keys? Fortunately I have a drawer full of original locks mostly double sided with various Key shapes identified by the first number stamped on the key i.e #2,#4,#6 or #8. In order for my glovebox lock to match my door key I would need a lock that fits the profile of a #4 key which ironically is the only lock I don’t have. So stuck with what I have, can anyone share a good side view photo of a single sided key so I can see the way it was cut and attempt to cut a blank that I will make fit in the lock. As I have extra pin/wafers, i’m confident I can get a blank key cut and smithed to work. On the other hand, if anyone has a lock with a #4 profile that they would like to trade for a single sided lock or a #2, I would be happy to trade. Ive attached a few pics so you can see what I’m talking about. First picture shows single sided key, 2nd pic single sided key, 3rd view of single sided key hole and last pic of double sided key hole.

so, which is correct for a GBT/4? Single or double as found more commonly in a 330 GTC?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. simondgb

simondgb Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 16, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon