275 GTB vs. 288 GTO | Page 3 | FerrariChat

275 GTB vs. 288 GTO

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Nov 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you choose a 275 GTB or 288 GTO?

1. 275 GTB

2. 288 GTO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I've been asked similar questions about XXX car vs. the 288 GTO and my answer is the same - anything but the 288 GTO. I love the styling, don't get me wrong, but....

Parts Availability - nonexistant. Do you want to drive and enjoy this car in the manner it was built for? Good luck. These cars were collector's items from day one, many sat-and-sat-and-sat as pretty lawn ornaments. This is NEVER a good thing for a high-strung, twin-turbo monster. Same goes for the F-40, but more F-40s were made and a select few were actually driven. Parts for F-40s are out there, but parts for 288 GTOs are not. You better know several OEM Italian suppliers if you want to drive this car....I've seen a 288 GTO parked at a certain factory-authorized dealership/service center for weeks and weeks over a bad fuse block. There's lots of unobtainium on these machines.

275 - a terrific car that makes terrific sounds. More of these available than 288 GTOs, and vintage parts suppliers have geared up to keep these well-loved cars on the road since the prices have spiked. A true old-school V12 thoroughbred, I wish I had one in my garage.

2. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    275 GTB. Nothing beats a V12 classic.

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The 275 is a classic and a great place to put your money. But I see more of them than I do GTOs. If the objective is performance, with a premium on exclusivity, ya gotta go with the GTO.

4. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    I went with the 275 (with wire wheels). The GTO is a great car, but it's hard to beat a classic V12.